• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Green sticker smog laws?

nick743

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I want to green sticker my Ranger, I already called DMV on how to do it, but they weren't clear on the smog laws. I was just wondering if I still have to smog it every two years if I do this. The truck is also getting a 5.0 will I have to take it to the ref to get it registered with that motor or will it matter? Thanks for any help you can give me.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
green sticker means go crazy but you will have to trailer it to the trail head.
believe it is lights, seat belts and that is about it

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Green sticker takes you pretty much out of Big Bear. Many of the trail heads state "Street legal vehicles only" I believe that Corral Canyon is too. I know Johnson Valley and Ocatillo let you run wild as long as you have seatbelts and lights just like shawn said. You will also never be able to register it in california as a street legal vehicle again. A Marine buddy did it to his bug and he had to register it out of state just to drive it on the street again

00dangerranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 4.0
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
i have a 93 ranger here in Sintral valley that i had green stickerd. No smog needed and the registration is only $56.00 every two years. The registration says (Type Lic. F2) The pink now says (off highway) Class (AB). We trailer it.

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya no smog but you cant drive it on county roads at all. and fyi it a royal pain to do a smog-able engine swap in this state. has to be from a newer vehicle, have all emission equipment from said vehicle and if the referee doesn't like something it will still fail.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals