• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

MBRP Duals For `23 Ranger XL 2WD

CurveRider

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Transmission
Automatic
My new `23 EcoBoost engine was too quiet to even hear with the OEM single exhaust so I added a MBRP S5223 dual exhaust kit (cat-back) and I like the results. I can hear it fine now but it's not really "loud" until I get on the throttle hard. I hate droning exhaust and the MBRP duals do not disappoint. There is no detectable drone in my cab...! The single muffler is "straight-through" for free flow and there is no resonator, nor is one needed. Installation from my garage floor was easy (even for me at almost 80 years old) and all parts fit properly although the instructions required some common sense interpretation as they were not entirely clear about a couple of minor details.
I can recommend this MBRP kit--it is certainly not obnoxiously loud but it does generate a cool "performance" tone....as far as turbo 4-bangers go. :p
Cheers from the Smoky Mountains!

MBRP_Duals-1.jpg

MBRP_Duals-3.jpg

MBRP_Duals-2.jpg

MBRP.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Guy at the Truck Nationals had a '21 with that system, I asked him if it droned and he said no.

Droz23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My new `23 EcoBoost engine was too quiet to even hear with the OEM single exhaust so I added a MBRP S5223 dual exhaust kit (cat-back) and I like the results. I can hear it fine now but it's not really "loud" until I get on the throttle hard. I hate droning exhaust and the MBRP duals do not disappoint. There is no detectable drone in my cab...! The single muffler is "straight-through" for free flow and there is no resonator, nor is one needed. Installation from my garage floor was easy (even for me at almost 80 years old) and all parts fit properly although the instructions required some common sense interpretation as they were not entirely clear about a couple of minor details.
I can recommend this MBRP kit--it is certainly not obnoxiously loud but it does generate a cool "performance" tone....as far as turbo 4-bangers go. :p
Cheers from the Smoky Mountains!

View attachment 100003

View attachment 100004

View attachment 100005

View attachment 100063
I got the single Side Armor Pro. I love it and highly recommend If your one of the those older guys needing to bring back the Good old days with babies and a wife. It rumbles soft at low idle and cruise. Even quiet some times. Little throttle will get you some good feel and sound but nothing annoying. When you get on it, everyone is going to know about it. Again, it is a aggressive sound but not pitchy. No hiccups or Burps, or what ever these Ricers kid like. Refined power sound is what I think. More like shooting a AR vs the slappy AK, but it is deep sounding.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Exhaust tone elitists are absolutely worse than fake duals 😆😆

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals