• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need bolts sizes and some ins and outs

UofMfanJJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ExplorerRanger
Transmission
Manual
Currently I have no bolts and all the accessory pump / brackets are missing.

in the event I have all the accessory brackets what bolt sizes will I need to mount everything?

i have a chilton im about to read into. Next weekend i plan to peg the TFI until a power spark unit comes in the mail.
I have some ghetto fuel pump someone tried to make, is the proper one still available? The sending unit on mine doesn’t fit the gas tank properly it doesn’t look like. I know I have an under the rail pump I bought and a new on the motor pump if need be but when I have it running on starting fluid next weekend I’m gonna slap this gas tank back into it with what I’ve got and pray it runs

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Sounds like you have a basket case on your hands.

Bolts will be metric thread. I don't know and I doubt anyone here will know the exact lengths you need. I would suggest measuring the depth of the hole in each bracket and adding about 3/4"/2cm or so to go into the block, and then hit up the hardware store or hope & pray you can find a truck in a junkyard with the bolts you need.

I would need some pictures of your fuel pump & tank setup to make suggestions. The fuel pump is a mechanical unit attached to the engine on a 2.8... right behind the power steering pump. A low pressure electric one will work too, doesn't really matter.

You can still get gas tanks for those trucks but not the sending units. There are two styles, "big hole" tanks for EFI trucks - sending unit hole is about 5" wide - and small hole for 83-85's with carburetors - small hole sending units have been discontinued for many years. If that's what you need, you will need to find one in a junkyard, make one from scratch, maybe someone here has one, or convert to a large hole tank and make that style of sending unit work for your purposes.

UofMfanJJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ExplorerRanger
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like you have a basket case on your hands.

Bolts will be metric thread. I don't know and I doubt anyone here will know the exact lengths you need. I would suggest measuring the depth of the hole in each bracket and adding about 3/4"/2cm or so to go into the block, and then hit up the hardware store or hope & pray you can find a truck in a junkyard with the bolts you need.

I would need some pictures of your fuel pump & tank setup to make suggestions. The fuel pump is a mechanical unit attached to the engine on a 2.8... right behind the power steering pump. A low pressure electric one will work too, doesn't really matter.

You can still get gas tanks for those trucks but not the sending units. There are two styles, "big hole" tanks for EFI trucks - sending unit hole is about 5" wide - and small hole for 83-85's with carburetors - small hole sending units have been discontinued for many years. If that's what you need, you will need to find one in a junkyard, make one from scratch, maybe someone here has one, or convert to a large hole tank and make that style of sending unit work for your purposes.
I am assuming that’s why someone rigged mine with some sort of metal cap around this sending unit. I’m assuming it’s small hole, I’ll send pictures of what I have next time I’m at the gas tank.
If anyone has that type available I’ll probably be in the market.
Basket case yes, but I will figure it out. Should have it running on TFI soon, once accessories back together it’ll get a power spark unit

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals