• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New tail lights, 1/4 done

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Well, a project of mine, involving a friend of mine who is into doing all the LED work, is putting new tail lights, and front marker lights on the truck (HID's are coming eventually). Here are a few picturs of where we're at.

These photos are not the best, they are a lot brighter then they look, The old bulb (driver side) can hardly get a reflection off of the van I'm backed up to. The new one (passenger side) can light up the entire back wall of the garage.

The old and the new. My camera has an auto adjust, so it adjusted the brightness in the picture

Park lights

Brake lights (the fact that the auto adjust had to dim the background to black, tells you how bright they are)

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
theres something you dont see everyday...nice work :icon_cheers:

wanna go mine next? :icon_twisted:

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
We're still working out some bugs, the glue that we used is more visible on the lenses than we initally expected, so we're going to have to work something out that way. BUT, if we get everything worked out, I may be albe to convince him into making another set (He's also finishing up some front markers for me too) or two. The LED's are actually quite pricy, I've spent probably close to $250 on LED's (not the cheap ones), resistors, boards, wiring, and so on, and he's put probably 50 hours into them so far. These are completly trial and error, and we're seeing where this leads, the next set should be made faster, and go a lot nicer with fewer snags. I'll talk to him, and see if he's up for making more, who knows, maybe he could start a business doign this, lol.

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That looks cool. You really need to see something like that in person to apreciate it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals