• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

s10 T5 tailhousing parts list?? who's done it?? no bench racers...

stackz

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok, aside from the tailhousing itself...what other parts from an s10 T5 do you need to get it to work with a mustang T5 in a ranger to get the shifter in the right spot??

can you use a standard mustang shifter?? do you need the front top cover with shift forks?? etc, etc??

who's done this damn conversion?

also, what clutch fork did you guys use?? only ford hydraulic clutch fork I know of is the 87-88 Turbocoupe one but no clue if it will work as I've not personally seen one.

right now truck is a 2.3 but I'm debating on throwing in a 5.0 once I blow up the engine after tossing a t3 setup from my parts pile on it and I'd rather have parts ahead of time sitting around in case I get that itch since I've got plenty of 5.0 stuff around as it is....

edit: also, what year range s10 can I rob the parts from and also, this is going in a 96 2.3 ranger so my last question is the shifterhole in the same place as the boxbody 80's rangers??

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had mine done by Modern Driveline. I know some have said they have done it but to do it right takes some machining and I'm not set up for doing that.
Front half of the conversion is still Ford so you use the standard T-5 bellhousing/shift fork and one of the common hydraulic set-ups, either external slave or a hydraulic throwout bearing. Because the rear is now a cheby, you will need a cheby shifter, Hurst makes a good one.
Dave

stackz

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok, so I DO need to use the shift fork cover from the s10.

also, you said machining needs to be done?? I thought people were saying this was "easy"?

machining would definitely take this out of the "easy" category as not a lot of people just have lathe's and endmill's laying around...guess a lot of the people saying its easy must own their own machine shops OR be doing some wonderful classic internet bench racing.. :icon_confused:

Spicy_Gring095

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I had mine done by Modern Driveline. I know some have said they have done it but to do it right takes some machining and I'm not set up for doing that.
Front half of the conversion is still Ford so you use the standard T-5 bellhousing/shift fork and one of the common hydraulic set-ups, either external slave or a hydraulic throwout bearing. Because the rear is now a cheby, you will need a cheby shifter, Hurst makes a good one.
Dave
What year s10 would I need to take the xfer case and shifter from?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals