• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

explorer rear end into a ford falcon

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 61 falcon and its my understanding that the spring perches are the same and that it would only need to be narrowed about 2 inches or so

does anyone know the difference in distance between the pas and driver's side? i plan on having a shop narrow it for me but i believe that making both sides the length of the shorter of the two is the right length.

also any tips on adapting the parking brake, and disks, i converted the front and figured i would do the rear as well. already has power breaks and a new proportioning valve.

also what are the ideal year range for strength? or am i stuck with a rebuild to get strength out of the 8.8? the 302 i have is a mild .060 over and is planed at putting about 400 to the rear wheels.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
I have a 61 falcon and its my understanding that the spring perches are the same and that it would only need to be narrowed about 2 inches or so

does anyone know the difference in distance between the pas and driver's side? i plan on having a shop narrow it for me but i believe that making both sides the length of the shorter of the two is the right length.

also any tips on adapting the parking brake, and disks, i converted the front and figured i would do the rear as well. already has power breaks and a new proportioning valve.

also what are the ideal year range for strength? or am i stuck with a rebuild to get strength out of the 8.8? the 302 i have is a mild .060 over and is planed at putting about 400 to the rear wheels.
Look over at Corral.net and there is a discussion of the explorer third member going into early Mustangs. Your Falcon has the same chassis as the 64 1/2 to 66 Mustang

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Awesome. Ya I know they are the same, I did the same mod Shelby did to the early mustangs on the front control arms. And the motor mounts are the same for the v8 conversion that I put in!

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
My very first car was a 1960 Falcon.....and I still love the early ones.:headbang:

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My very first car was a 1960 Falcon.....and I still love the early ones.:headbang:
This was and is still my first car. Dad bought it for me for Christmas one year and I drove it until I got my ranger, now it's getting it's major work done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals