• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2300 EGR Code

T-Bone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Help!! I purchased a 2000 Mazda B2300 with a 2.3, with 110,000 miles on it. The servise engine soon light came on so I took it too the local parts house, they read the code it is a P0401 egr. I went to remove the egr valve and the fitting that attaches to the exhaust system is frozen on there. My question is this, does anyone know if this pipe is a dealer part or can it be purchased aftermarket also. I can see the likely hood of destroying this pipe/fitting and would like to know how or where to get the replacement part if I need it. Attempting to remove this reminds me why I hate working on anything attached to the exhaust sysytem! Thanks for any help.:badidea:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
heat it really hot with a torch and then try to move it.

Irokranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
removing egr is just that you go have a light engine is always turn on

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I had the same deal a few weeks ago on my 2300. I couldn't get the pipe off. I went and did some research on line and it is a common problem. I read many times to take some carb cleaner and spray in the valve. Then get some pliers and manually move the valve shaft up and down to free it. Then i disconnected the battery for a minute to reboot the computer. Worked like a charm and turned off the engine light. Also saved me $50 on an EGR valve i didnt need.

Hope i helped.
~Shawn

T-Bone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I'm heading out to the garage now to start working on it. I will try this first. Thanks for the help, I love this site and all of the help that is available. I'll post the results when I'm finished so maybe it can help someone else.

T-Bone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
:icon_cheers: Problem solved! Replacing the DPFE(Ford) EGR pressure sensor on my Mazda pick up, and clearing the codes, it repaired my problem of the service engine soon light on accompanied with, hesitation, intermittant high and erratic idle, high idle between gears. Oh yeah a code P0401 also. While removing the sensor, I broke the larger of the two vacuum lines going to the sensor. They were very dry and brittle, so I also replaced the vacuum lines, I cleared the codes, test drove and Wallah never ran better. Thanks to everyone for the help figuring this out.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Its not frozen on(unless your in the middle of a snowstorm right now) The EGR nut is not a typical hex like other nuts. Ford cranks down on this badboy and its kinda oblong. 1 1/8 wrench will fit it if cut in half. The other option I used on a crown vic was an air hammer with a v notch in the flat tip. I hammered it off so to speak. (unscrewed it, didnt break it) The wrench idea is a little easier and if you have body lift makes it a little easier to access.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals