• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mile marker locking hubs

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
you guys have any experiences with mile marker locking hubs? i seen them cheaper then the warns but are they as good?

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I had them on my '97. They were a strong unit. IMO they are as good as the normal Ranger Warn's.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I had them on my '97. They were a strong unit. IMO they are as good as the normal Ranger Warn's.
i hope so, they are 120 compared to 180 for the warns. i guess i will try them

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i hope so, they are 120 compared to 180 for the warns. i guess i will try them
Honestly, I would go either with a set of junkyard hubs or a set of the Warn Jeep hubs, anything else would be a waste of time and/or money.

hick

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The Warn Jeep hubs still are not that strong. I have seen them gernade just like the stock Ranger Warn hubs have.

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I've grenaded a few Warns on my exploder, but haven't had any probs with the MM one's on the ranger!

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The Warn Jeep hubs still are not that strong. I have seen them gernade just like the stock Ranger Warn hubs have.
So what would you suggest running? Personally, I am considering getting a set of Warn Jeep hubs. If they can hold up to my abuse, they should be good for 98% of those running a D35 TTB.

hick

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The flange style hubs are just not strong. Any you get will gernade. I recommend getting the MileMarkers, easier on the wallet new and when you have to replace them.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Junkyard hubs.

They are identical to Warns except for the color, and will run you far less than even the mile markers. They survive moderate and medium trails just fine. They only grenade when really romped on, under rather extreme conditions. On most RBVs, they never even get used.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Junkyard hubs.

They are identical to Warns except for the color, and will run you far less than even the mile markers. They survive moderate and medium trails just fine. They only grenade when really romped on, under rather extreme conditions. On most RBVs, they never even get used.
x2

run the standard hubs on ur truck kevin, there plenty strong enough and aslong as u dont hammer it when ur binding then u relaly wont ever break them, especially with ur gears and being open up front, i wheeled my old 87 with the stock hubs and gears on 33" boggers and never broke the hubs

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
x2

run the standard hubs on ur truck kevin, there plenty strong enough and aslong as u dont hammer it when ur binding then u relaly wont ever break them, especially with ur gears and being open up front, i wheeled my old 87 with the stock hubs and gears on 33" boggers and never broke the hubs
x3, although i have the mile markers on my fullsize and they seem to be stronger than the C-6 tranny that i have:dntknw:

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
MileMarkers are weak compared to stock/Warn locking hubs. Do NOT buy them, unless you are running 31s or smaller. If you get a MileMarker next to a Warn you can see immediate differences in durability.

The regular Warn hubs are good for up to 33" tires on a locked axle. Larger than that and you want to go with Jeep hubs.

Go to the junkyard and get a spare Warn hub as well. If you run large tires there is a good chace you'll eventually grenade a hub.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
x2

i blew mine after i left your house on sunday. i had the stock autos and they have been clicking and binding even in 2wd since i got the truck, i cleaned them like 5 times in two months and it only fixed the problem temporarly, what should i look for in the junk yard? i want something i dont have to worry about anymore unless i ruin them under my own stupidity.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
i blew mine after i left your house on sunday. i had the stock autos and they have been clicking and binding even in 2wd since i got the truck, i cleaned them like 5 times in two months and it only fixed the problem temporarly, what should i look for in the junk yard? i want something i dont have to worry about anymore unless i ruin them under my own stupidity.

Look for stock manual locking hubs. They are the same as a regular Warn hub. If you have 33s or smaller, and you know how to use the gas, they will be very reliable.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Look for manual hubs on any Dana 35. Exploders are most easy to deal with, as they ALL have Dana 35s. Most D35 trucks have auto hubs, but manuals aren't THAT rare. I found mine at Pick'n'Pull, even.

Don't pick up the much more common Dana 28 manual hubs, or you'll have two greasy paperweights.

You'll need the hub nuts and washers as well, as they are very different. Bring one of the 4-prong sockets (with a nice big breaker bar and perhaps cheater pipe) and a pair of flatblade screwdrivers to pop the snap ring off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals