• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 injector wiring

ken460

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1979
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Anyone know how to tell what injector plug goes to what injector? The colors on the wires are the same. I can see what area they go to (back, middle, front) but as to what injector??

What about noid lights for the multi port? I see them for TBI only??

Last edited:

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
According to the 1989 Shop Manual it goes like this.

#2, #4, #1 R(red) LG/W (Light Green/White)
#6, #5, #3 R(red) T/R (Tan/Red)

As for which of the three goes where, It shouldn't matter, just make sure you have the correct colors on the correct cylinders. The 2.9's fire as a bank not a single injector.

ken460

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1979
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Great!! I did not know that. I have the factory manual and could not find anything on this. Must be there somewhere.
I did not know that they fired as a bank. Good to know.

Thanks Jspafford for the input. Saved me a lot of trouble.
Ken
Seymour, CT

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
According to the 1989 Shop Manual it goes like this.

#2, #4, #1 R(red) LG/W (Light Green/White)
#6, #5, #3 R(red) T/R (Tan/Red)

As for which of the three goes where, It shouldn't matter, just make sure you have the correct colors on the correct cylinders. The 2.9's fire as a bank not a single injector.
Well seems correct except that the 1988 wiring diagram I got from a smog referee station says injector #1, 2, and 4 are are white wire and red wire. Injectors #3, 5, and 6 are tan wire and red wire. This agrees with my www.alldata.com info for 1988 Ranger.

Red wire is common with all six injectors. And yes they fire in banks instead of the preferred individually (as they should for max power and efficiency). :icon_confused:

EDIT: My 87 wiring diagram from www.alldata.com says exactly what Jspafford listed for the 1989....red common injector wire...injectors #3, 5, and 6 with tan/red stripe wire and red wire....injector #1, 2, and 4 light green/white stripe wire with red wire.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals