• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How do you adjust transmission bands?

schultp

Reaction score
I have a 1995 3.0L automatic that once in a while won't slip into "D" after backing out into the road from the driveway. I remember reading that sometimes there is an adjustment to the "bands" that will help. Anyone have a how-to to get this done? Any way to properly diagnose that this is the issue?

Paul.

Uly The Hermit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Do these specs (10 ft/lb and 2 turns out) also apply to the 1999 Ranger with the 3.0L and 4R44E transmission? I read somewhere it's supposed to be 1 1/2 turns out but could not verifiy this.

What does "intermediate" mean? Is O/D only overdrive or does that stand for Overdrive/Drive?

Is the "intermediate" band the one closest to the shift lever?

Thanks.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Do these specs (10 ft/lb and 2 turns out) also apply to the 1999 Ranger with the 3.0L and 4R44E transmission? I read somewhere it's supposed to be 1 1/2 turns out but could not verifiy this.

What does "intermediate" mean? Is O/D only overdrive or does that stand for Overdrive/Drive?

Is the "intermediate" band the one closest to the shift lever?

Thanks.
No it does not apply to the 4r44e. You still need to do the 10 ft lbs and back it off 1 1/2 turns. The intermediate band is the rear one. If you're under the truck adjust both bands and not just one.

Uly The Hermit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks. I've been searching for this info for a long time. OP didn't say which trans he had.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals