• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

budget 88 b2 build

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
damn, what doees your dad do?

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Mechanical Design Engineer, right now he is working for Richardson Brands Candy Company, and he is in charge of the management of moving 3 companies to the factory right now.

He has work for NASA (on the shuttles), Disney (he developed just about all the mechanics of Whiney the Poo's Adventure ride in Japan, and Disney World), he invented the first working Waterproof/Durable Portable Mini-HD, he also invented that stuff they use for bathmats:
, and he also worked for Johnson & Johnson, and helped develop the worlds first diaper making machine that could make 800 diapers a minute (at the time only 200 a minute could be done), it was a mile long machine.

He also did some government work too, thats some secure stuff though, kinda like "shutup or be sued to hell so fast you wished you were killed".

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
lol, thats cool, you shoulfd have him buy you a better truck lol

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
lol, thats cool, you shoulfd have him buy you a better truck lol
We are far from rich dude =P We own a used 05' F150 4x4, 84' Ranger XLT 4x4, 2001 Suzuki Swift (aka the "Go-Kart"), a 2003 Ford Taurus, and a 97' Infinti Q45.

We are gettin dad's Porshe (Bradley Kitcar he built as a teen with his dad), from grandpa here in the next few years too.

We got the F150 (our regular "trade in once warranty is up" DD).
The Infiniti is not road legal, (needs an O2 sensor replaced), and needs other work that keep it safe though (struts need replaced and some electrical work is needed).
The Swift is dad's DD, its a extremely small 4-banger with a 5-speed standard, and 4 seats, my head hits the cieling in back.
The Ranger sits and I work on it from time to time.
And the Taurus (AKA the Tortoise), is in my sister's hands and I feel sorry for it, she is not a safe driver at all.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
We are far from rich dude =P We own a used 05' F150 4x4, 84' Ranger XLT 4x4, 2001 Suzuki Swift (aka the "Go-Kart"), a 2003 Ford Taurus, and a 97' Infinti Q45.

We are gettin dad's Porshe (Bradley Kitcar he built as a teen with his dad), from grandpa here in the next few years too.

We got the F150 (our regular "trade in once warranty is up" DD).
The Infiniti is not road legal, (needs an O2 sensor replaced), and needs other work that keep it safe though (struts need replaced and some electrical work is needed).
The Swift is dad's DD, its a extremely small 4-banger with a 5-speed standard, and 4 seats, my head hits the cieling in back.
The Ranger sits and I work on it from time to time.
And the Taurus (AKA the Tortoise), is in my sister's hands and I feel sorry for it, she is not a safe driver at all.
lol

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I am serious, we are far from rich, we just own a lot of vehicles.

We got the F150 because we traded in Mom's old Windstar shortly after moving to our farm in PA, and we got the Taurus from my grandpa/grandma Hershey, the Swift was a cheap buy from a used lot for my dad as a DD because he works far, the infiniti was a funny story (if you wanna hear it), and the Ranger was stalled when we purchased it for 800 (got ripped off), and then was repaired to RUN (thats it, nothing special) along with a new bottom pan ($1500 total put into it), and it was supposed to be our farm truck, but it only saw action once or twice before the brake line gave way.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
I am serious, we are far from rich, we just own a lot of vehicles.

We got the F150 because we traded in Mom's old Windstar shortly after moving to our farm in PA, and we got the Taurus from my grandpa/grandma Hershey, the Swift was a cheap buy from a used lot for my dad as a DD because he works far, the infiniti was a funny story (if you wanna hear it), and the Ranger was stalled when we purchased it for 800 (got ripped off), and then was repaired to RUN (thats it, nothing special) along with a new bottom pan ($1500 total put into it), and it was supposed to be our farm truck, but it only saw action once or twice before the brake line gave way.
yea id rather have a lot of vehicles than be rich, and who needs brakes on a farm? thats what reverse is for

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
well here are the pics i promised, i have the new antennas, the chrome cigarrette lighter i got from a dakota at the impund lot, the new seats, the spare tire carrier, and the mic holder, and the new cd player with dual line outs. if anyone wants to buy my old seats ill take $50 for em, they are in really good condition, but you must pick up, and im in oregon.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
good grab on the lighter plug! it really pops nice!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
did you put the CB radio in the ashtray slot? XD haha good idea! I will do that next =) wont ever need an ashtray =P

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
yea i know i was just goin through all the cars and that was there, and it works reallly good. and yea my cb is in the ashtray spot, since i dont smoke then i figured id put it there, and if i ever sell the truck i still got the stock ashtray to put back in

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
yea i know i was just goin through all the cars and that was there, and it works reallly good. and yea my cb is in the ashtray spot, since i dont smoke then i figured id put it there, and if i ever sell the truck i still got the stock ashtray to put back in
How'd you mount it?

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
i used his CB idea too.

great spot for it! as long as its the smaller version. the big ones won't fit!

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
i used his CB idea too.

great spot for it! as long as its the smaller version. the big ones won't fit!
yea but ifyour like me and have no heat or air conditioning take out the heater controls and put it in there, thats what i was originally gonna do, but now thats where my light switches are going, and my cd player is going in the original spot

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals