• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 Ford Bronco 2 Not Charging

hockeyray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1984 Ford Bronco 2 and have replaced the alternator, voltage regulator and the battery. I have checked to make sure it is wired correctly and it is, but at the back of the alternator I have 26 volt output and where the power wire connects to the power wire connect to the solenoid I have whatever the battery is putting out. I need help, this is my son's truck and right now he is driving my Super Duty and I want him out of it.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Take all the grounds apart and sand them metal to metal. Check the fusable links are you getting power from the batt to the alternator with the key off (large wire). There are actually ony two wires working from the alternator one goes to the battery and the other goes to the regulator. If you have a idiot light the third wire wht/blk goes to the regulator. It sounds like the link is blown between the battery and the alternator. A quick check for the charging system fully charge the battery. check the battery voltage say 12.8 volts start it and run it around 1500 rpm and check the batt volts it should be no higher than 2 volts over battery voltage no higher than 14.8 volts then turn the lights on high and heater on high and at 2000 rpm the batt voltage should be no lower than .5 volts over battery voltage or no lower than 13.3 volts. If it passes those two tests load/noload it is working correct.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals