• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

starter soleniod wiring?

Chingadera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok just making sure before I fry something. On the starter solenoid on a 1984 BII 2.8 I just connect the positive cable to the solenoid and then on the other side run it down to the starter? Next question wich 2 small wires connect to the solenoid and which post do they go on?

88BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.8
Transmission
Manual
the 2 smaller post should be labeled with an s or a. hook the small plug up to the "S" for stater. there should be 2 other wires that are fusible links the hook up on the battery side of the solenoid. lmk if ne prob.

Chingadera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I hope I have the right solenoid? It has 2 post and then 2 small post. One small and one big on each side. Ill post up later if I dont get it right.

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
Only one small wire goes to the solenoid. It gets connected to the terminal marked with a"S". It is the wire from the ignition switch to actuate the solenoid. The charging system wires hook up to the battery side of the solenoid. I can get a pic if you need it.

Chingadera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok I got the starter hooked up and solenoid, thanks. I have some more questions. I can only find one heater hose connection on the upper part of the intake near the front of the motor, where is the other heater hose connected at? There is a ground or something (bolted to the carb mount) attached to a vacume thingy with some kind of one way valve and hose conection. What vacume hose goes to this? Lastly Can someone post pictures of the alernator wires? I will need to make my own to the battery cable and dont know which ones go to the alternator from the harness or were they go on the alternator?

Sorry for all the questions but Im just trying to finish up the project asap.

Chingadera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Need help.

I figured out everything except the ingition coil and alternator.

1st The red wire that goes in the ingition coil wide plug then comes out as a spaid single plug, where does this go? I cant find any place on my harness for this to plug in? Does it just go to the battery??????

2nd I have three wires that go to the alternator where do they go? ones black, ones orange, the other is red/orange with a stripe and is bigger. Im assuming the black goes on the black pin, do the other 2 go on the orange pin and then I need to run a cable to the battery to the red "BAT" pin??????

I dont have battery cables yet so I dont have a battery cable yet for the alt and can make one if I need to.

HELP!:dntknw:

Chingadera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No one can open there hood and take a look at the alt wires and red coil wire and tell me where they go?

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals