• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

heater blower not working

Raw16057

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, i have a 94 B4000 ext cab 4.0 5 speed 4x4 with air and my heater blower is about gone. Anyone here have an extra one they would like to sell? PM me.

02_B4000_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, i have a 94 B4000 ext cab 4.0 5 speed 4x4 with air and my heater blower is about gone. Anyone here have an extra one they would like to sell? PM me.
I just bought a 02 B4000 4x4 Automatic and the number 2 fuse in the fuse box controls the O/D, Daytime Running Lights, Blower motor, Reverse Lights, the Air Bags, and i think there is one more. I am trying to look for help too. Mine lasts for about 15 minutes blower motor on full before it blows the fuse. I am looking for any advice from anyone.

sparkola

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Do they only work when the fan speed selector is on high? Its the resistor pack located in the blower motor housing under the hood. costs about 30 bucks to replace and about 30 mins with the right small sockets/nut drivers and some patience.

Raw16057

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
blower motor conclusion

hello, got it fixed. went to the junkyard and bought another motor that had good brushes, put it on and now it works like new.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I just bought a 02 B4000 4x4 Automatic and the number 2 fuse in the fuse box controls the O/D, Daytime Running Lights, Blower motor, Reverse Lights, the Air Bags, and i think there is one more. I am trying to look for help too. Mine lasts for about 15 minutes blower motor on full before it blows the fuse. I am looking for any advice from anyone.
If you're blowing fuses you need to check back on any recently installed parts...it's probably not the heater fan that is blowing the fuse, but something else on the same circuit...if you happen to have installed a new stereo or modified any accessories that would be the place to start...

You may also have a bad ground on something...check under the hood for loose connections...

hello, got it fixed. went to the junkyard and bought another motor that had good brushes, put it on and now it works like new.
:icon_thumby:
Cool...I did mine last summer...nice to know it's such an easy fix...and that you can still buy new blowers if needed...and also that the parts are interchangeable from the 80s right up to the late 90s on these trucks...

02_B4000_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
If you're blowing fuses you need to check back on any recently installed parts...it's probably not the heater fan that is blowing the fuse, but something else on the same circuit...if you happen to have installed a new stereo or modified any accessories that would be the place to start...

You may also have a bad ground on something...check under the hood for loose connections...
I found the problem. Its an auto and where the wires for the O/D leave the shifter into the coloum, the rubber coating on the outside rubbed off leaving the wires exposed, and when ever I shifted, it would rub against the metal on the coloum causing it to ground out. Thanks for the info though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals