• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need pic or diagram of 99 rear drum brake springs

cougar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Went to do rear brakes, thought I had in my mind where all parts attached but when I was almost done the one side, there was one spring that I wasn't sure where it went.
I figured to check the other side but that spring was missing entirely, so I still am not sure where it goes.

I know the two upper retracting springs (one on each shoe to top center post).

Then there is a longer thin spring along the bottom that goes from one shoe to the other.

The last spring is like the one of the retracting springs (the thicker one) but I don't know where it goes.

So if you have a pic or a diagram or where the springs go please post. I did find a post that had a muddied up pic but there was no spring where I thought the spring attached.

Thanks!!
Brian

mudnsnow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
I've no picture but post a pics of your rear brake and the spring.......might be able to tell you where to put it

cougar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics while it was apart.
But as I research more, I am beginning to think that the extra spring is part of the replacement spring kit, that covers a variety of brake setups.
So this "extra" spring probably is not used on my application.

So unless someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to take for granted that it is not needed on this application.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals