• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
the FX4 Bronco II project.

this is my 1989 BII that i had payed for a couple days but just got it delivered the 5 hr trip last night (jan 14th)

its a 2.9 with 5spd and manual tcase and buckets and everything is original, i bought it from the original owner and it has 140,000 kms which is around 80,000 miles, she came with the tire carrier, original running boards, center caps, all original interior, shes rust free and in perfect shape, she still has the original blue color underneath! previous owner was an older man and he was starting to restore it but just got to old to do it. he had lots of parts took off her that i put on her today.

i put on the grille, signal lights, tail lights, wipers, new plugs and air filter, and cleaned out all the gear he had in the back of her which includes:

interior;

trailer brake;

mint rad support;

installed signals and cleaned the headlights and all

found the grill cover and kinda like it

heres first when i got it

found this rear bumper step and its pretty deadly, just clips on, never seen either one before

thats probably it for today, i also found out she leaks power steering terribly but its even when shes not running so i found that the hose never had either clamp where the rubber line met up with the steel hose so i put on a hose clamp but by that time all the fluid was leaked out and its coming from there i know, but just not sure if thats the only place but i think it is. so tomorrow ill get some more power steering and top her back up and see if that fixes the problem. i love my b2 :D out of all the ones i had this is by far my favourite

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
oh yeah and i also done the throttle cable mod, made a good difference

also to the several guests that are viewing, feel free to join up we love more members

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
what are your plans with her?

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Good paint job, I am pretty sure my brother is getting me a skyjacker 6" lift an some 33x10.50s and painted undercarriage

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
looks really nice man!! finally u got yourself a clean ride. please keep it that way. LOL

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
PSH, RSH doesn't know what he's talking about. Chop it up! :headbang:

Haha, kidding. Kinda... Looks good though!

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
haha! nah shes gonna stay original! thanks dude

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Great find man!! I vote for a few mods but keep the body original. That thing is supper clean too.. I would suspect that a rust free body where you are is rare to find. Both of my BII's have that step thing on the rear bumper. It is really handy to access the top. Thought about trying to find one more for the drivers side for our dd.
Enjoy and keep us posted on updates.
Paul

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
finding a B2 is hard enough, a rust free b2 is one in a million now. and the cost shows it too. but the body im amazed at how clean it is, i will try to get some pics of the under side where its still the original blue almost all over. i cant wait to get this baby on the road.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
and another very very good thing about her that i love, she has no hack job shit done by the previous owner like underhood parts or interior or wiring pieces, lots of times you get a truck that somebody is after doing some work on but when you open the hood on this one its like looking under the hood when she was took out of the factory

jhammel85

No hackjob wiring? Always a plus with an older truck....My truck had a little bit of that but I think overall someone definitely took care of it.

It looks good man...Definitely a solid project. Not sure about that grill cover though. Grill cover plus 2.9 = :badidea:

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Dude i just payed attention to your stats on the left under your name. My gosh at all the trucks you have!!! I would imagine the tag bill alone for all of them would take a couple paychecks lol. Not to mention insurance. Do you get a fleet discount or something? All kidding aside, if I had the place and money for them I would have probably that many too.
Paul

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
that's a good find.. i like it! i'd love to pick up another one. mine was so solid when i got it is why i did the nice clean dd/ww out of it, instead of strictly trail rig. i'd like to find one that i can build a trail rig out of... but it's have to be one that is already dented up or something. i just couldn't cut up a good b2.

oh and the 4.0 swap is awesome, think about it!... lol

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i was just searching google for some paint options and came across this pic of my old b2

rip :sad:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals