• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

idle adjustment screw

Rammunition360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
can someone tell me where this is on my 83 2.8 carb, i know its "by the choke" but which one is it?

Rammunition360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
dammit, i must have the best questions because no one seems to ever be able to answer :)

jjpp250

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5” + 2.5”
Tire Size
32/11.5/15 33/12.5/15
carb?

What type of carb?

jjpp250

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5” + 2.5”
Tire Size
32/11.5/15 33/12.5/15
adjustment

the fast idle adj. is a hex screw up under the vac. choke, the curb idle is a on the left side were the cable hooks to, But before you do any of that you have to adj. the two mixture screws. thay are in the front of the carb and thay are probaly covered by some cabs. thay are a pain is the ass to see and more of a pain trying to adjust. I had to take my carb. off the first time just to find them. If you dont have a flexable screwdriver good luck... I pushed a piece of clear rubber hose over them, it made it alot easier to do by your self and they are easy to turn with out droping tools and burning your hands, when you have it dailed in just pull off the pieces of hose., I tried to adjust on my ranger for years, I dont drive it, It was my first truck and i just can not sell it. I just ordered a holly carb that is the direct replacment for it.
The chiltons book tells you step by step

Good Luck I hope I Help You....

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you have the original setup on there then the idle is controlled by the idle motor on the front drivers side of the carb. Setting the base idle is a whole procedure that is outlined in the manual. If you are durasparked, then the fast idle is on the passenger side near the choke mechanism. the base idle is on the drivers side near where the butterfly shaft comes through. that's on the original carb.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals