View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags View Post
if he has a 94 like he says the there is no valve .. coolent flows through the core all the time .. they use a blend door inside the heater box .. take alook at the cooling system on a 94 4.0 with a/c and you will see what i meen. after all the crap i went through with mine and money spent to chase this problem it was this simple. $35 for the heater core & about 20 minuts to put it in. just passing the info along
I just pulled the heater core on my '94............OMG!!!!
No valve or diverter, it is a straight IN/OUT from cooling system.

I stand corrected rags.

I plugged both lines and drove around, sure enough temp gauge went up and down, then did a restricted flow and same thing just not as pronounced.
Heater core is part of the cooling system............I assume the engineer who thought this up was fired, and is now a politician running the US ecomomy

Not enough failure points in a cooling system, let's add another one.

Last edited by RonD; 01-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote