• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch system wont bleed out

cajunman87

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
My exhaust pipe melted a hole in the hard plastic line that runs from the master to the slave cylinder. I cut the bad section out and put a brass compression union from Lowe's to splice the two pieces of line together. I know that these ranger clutches are hard to bleed but I cant seem to get enough air out of the system to get it into gear. I'm pretty sure that my union is not leaking, I was wondering if anybody had any tips on a good way to more effectively bleed out the system.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
replace the line and bench bleed the system.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Take a large syringe and pull the plunger out and replace the reservoir with it, fill it up and put the plunger back in, have someone open the bleeder while you ram fluid down into the system, this is the most consistent method I've found.

cajunman87

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
The last time i removed the master i bench blead it, im kicking myself in the ass for not doing it this time. After about an hour of bleeding i have enough pedal to be able to drive it. Im going to drive on it like this for a day or two and try to shake loose some more air bubbles and bleed it some more.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dicked with mine for 2 days.... Then fixed it in five minutes.

I pulled the snap ring where the plunger going into the housing inside the cab, pulled the plunger out just enough to let the air out and a few drops of fluid to come out pushed it back in and put the snap ring back in. Done didn't have to crawl back under the truck or anything.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Take a large syringe and pull the plunger out and replace the reservoir with it, fill it up and put the plunger back in, have someone open the bleeder while you ram fluid down into the system, this is the most consistent method I've found.
I like this idea.

I dicked with mine for 2 days.... Then fixed it in five minutes.

I pulled the snap ring where the plunger going into the housing inside the cab, pulled the plunger out just enough to let the air out and a few drops of fluid to come out pushed it back in and put the snap ring back in. Done didn't have to crawl back under the truck or anything.
I've done this and it works.

I have not tried the bench bleeding yet.
I've removed the master from the firewall and tilted it to get the bubbles up to the line.
Also I've made a vacuum bleeder from a mason jar and two 'm' style air fittings, using engine vacuum. This works on brakes too.
I like the vacuum bleeder best so far, the syringe sounds good too.

Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals