View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
AgPete139
09/2014 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT Xcab
I use this vehicle for: DD, hauling stuff, & getting me everywhere a car can't
AgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to beholdAgPete139 is a splendid one to behold

It probably didn't look this bad yet though...

Check to make sure you installed it correctly. Are you obsolutely sure you got the right part AND the model number? When I replaced the CB back in January @ 170,xxx miles, the guy @ Autozone ordered a CB for the ranger. There is actually an option #2 for the ranger, which was my specific application. It said on his screen "Bring part in for comparison."

Another is to double-check the carrier bearing connection to that crossmember on the frame. The 2 bolts (were they 12 mm?) need to be properly secured, or that vibration could occur. The seating on the driveshaft could also not be properly installed (not calling you incompetant, just check it).

The Haynes manual (IIRC) said to mark the driveshaft on the differential flange. I don't know why this would make a difference, but I marked it and put it back in the same place just to be sure. How does the slip yoke look (this really shouldnt be causing too much vibration either though)?
1997 Ranger Ext 4.0L 5spd BW1354M, ~7" lift Deaver springs & Explorer leaves, front D44 welded 4.88, rear Expo 8.8" autolocker, 35x12.50x15 KM2's, 1.25" DOM front bumper, shock towers + buckets, communication & stereo bits

ADD YOURSELF TO THE TRS MEMBERS MAP !!!
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=128467
AgPete139 is offline   Reply With Quote