• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Double R...

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey man how the heck do you post a question on the site?
I built a 94 ranger with updated drive train and converted it to a manual transmission ... Now it doesn't run right.
By the way nice truck!!!
Looks like you figured it out. Thanks!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ha ha come to think about it, I think my step dad bought the front T.T.B out of that truck because the front diff in our truck was toast.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No updates really other then the truck is still running great and fun to drive. About 3k on it since the build.

My wife wanted a new car and she decided on a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost so I have been enjoying that I put a new 4 inch exhaust on before we even had the truck a week. LOL She also told me I can do what I want with the Lincoln Aviator so that will be my next project here soon already started collecting parts for the build. Full widths and 37s going on it.

The bosses new truck...

My new project working on a name for it thinking Lazyboy or something to do with comfort is has heated and cooled seats and dual climate control... LOL

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
my buddy has an ecoboost on 6" lift and 35s with 3.73s theyre friggin sweet

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
No updates really other then the truck is still running great and fun to drive. About 3k on it since the build.

My wife wanted a new car and she decided on a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost so I have been enjoying that I put a new 4 inch exhaust on before we even had the truck a week. LOL She also told me I can do what I want with the Lincoln Aviator so that will be my next project here soon already started collecting parts for the build. Full widths and 37s going on it.

The bosses new truck...

My new project working on a name for it thinking Lazyboy or something to do with comfort is has heated and cooled seats and dual climate control... LOL
That is going to be sweet! You got a lot of projects going haha. I got to drive an ecoboost F-150 and Escape the other day and it was nice. I want one lol. I heard rumors of ecoboost going in the Mustangs in a few years :shok:

Hows the Merc doin?

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
whaaaat? an aviator? lol. i would expect those things to be uniframed. i'd mall crawl one, but i dont think i could wheel it lol

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Had some time to work on the Exo this afternoon. Hoping to button it up this weekend. Weather is finally getting cooler so working on the truck isn't so brutal.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Progress looks good. Can't wait for updates on the Lincoln.

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Had some time to work on the Exo this afternoon. Hoping to button it up this weekend. Weather is finally getting cooler so working on the truck isn't so brutal.

Wipers stuck? Lol. You should start a build thread for Lazyboy on here too :icon_thumby:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had to bend the passenger side arm to clearance the tube. So I stopped them there to make sure I bent the arm enough. I don't know if I will have a build thread on here for the Aviator. The 3rd gen is when Ford took the Explorer and made it it's own vehicle. It didn't share much at all at that point with the Ranger. Frame is different fully boxed, suspensions is totally different independent front and rear with a front and rear strut/coil double A arm set up, they made the truck bigger, gas tank is on pass side, not even sure any of the engines or transmissions were the same. At that point it had more in common with F150 then with a Ranger. I can easily pull my 20 ft enclosed race car trailer or my flatbed car hauler with the Lincoln. I have pulled my Mustang a few times with it and it does great. I would never try that with a Ranger.

Last edited:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
New SAS project I am starting next week should have it done right after Labor day weekend maybe sooner if the parts show in time.

Been working on a design for my Transaxle Buggy going to build my kids next year going use a ZX2 2.0 Zetec and auto tranny with Dana 30 front and rear so I can have 4 wheel steering. The crawl ratio will be 56.02:1 with the axles set up to 4.88. The Zetec auto has 2.80 first gear with 4.10 final drive. I can't wait to start this baby.

Here is pic of one like I am going to build but it will be a two seater.

And I worked on the cage for a little while today. Work has been so crazy I just have not had a lot free time to get it done.

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
That a sweet BII. What size tires are those?

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
33x12.50-15 Installing trussed high pinion D30, HD steering, long arms, 4.56, Explorer 8.8 with disc brakes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals