• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Updating the 3.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
the 5.0 died in '01 for the explorers, '96 for the f-150's, and '95 for the mustangs...even earlier in the "luxury" cars, like the vics and marquis.

jwp9844

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Mr. Oaks has asked for some help making this site better. I am a race car guy , a new guy to this site. I don't know to much about my Ranger, but I love it. It,s not only a parts chaser but my, go into the woods to find that fishing lake that nobody else can get to. My get to deer camp truck. I've made mod's for the last few years that work, from this site! Got to keep it going. I may not post much, but I can read. Don't agee with some, but thats part of it. Have to , form your'e own opinion from the info. given. Any idea's to help this site be better, would be great. Not that it's not now. I like it here.

Last edited:

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
throttle body info

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
what would you like to know?

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
"bolt on" swaps, ie 95 explorer is 60mm and works and just bolts on.... "modded" swaps ie 95 explorer works but you need the third lug nut off a honda... or regrinding oem. ect

whats worth it what isnt..... all the questions you should be asking but arnt.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
the stock TB is 50MM. BBK makes a 56MM one that works, but requires you to reuse your current throttle shaft. a 60MM unit off a 3.0 duratec escape works but requires filler to make it seal.

both of these only work if you have the ('02+?) composite plenum with removable TB. the composite plenum can be adapted to fit earlier models with a one-peice aluminum plenum/TB...in fact its been known to give a few HP increase over the old plenum.

with the stock TB being so tiny, and the 3.0 being such a revver, going to a larger TB will do nothing but happy things (i wouldnt go larger than 60MM though...unless your making over 250HP).

351crownvic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Geeshik

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good online parts source...

OTHER THAN JUNKYARDS, what good places are there to get new oddball parts that most autoparts stores don't carry? I'm looking for a website that will let us enter the vin or do a specific search that yields results with photos for comparison.

For instance, i need to get a dipstick tube for a 1993 Ford Ranger 3.0 and the dealership doesn't mess with anything more than ten years old. i don't want a junkyard one because chances are that it would be just as bad.

TomB1269

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2005, & 2
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Size
3.0L/4.2L/5.4L3V
Transmission
Automatic
Would like to see a page under the 3 Liter tech that list:
A. Signs and symptoms of Syncro Failure - to possible provide those that have not experenced problems or taken notice the envitable total failure of syncro (I have seen several post discribing different symptoms as well as my own, and at the time my symptoms seem to not be common. (I think everyone experenced similar to mine just not as noticable to start or the caught it by whine only)
B. Syncro install details
C. Listing of suppliers for syncro and the ALIGNMENT tool, not available at all parts stores.

tedrisch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 FlexFuel
Transmission
Automatic
hot water bypass

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
Definately need a write-up on roller rockers cause it is a pain to research it on posts in here and some are contradicting some one who actually did it needs to write-up like mutant pony and let us know what is involved.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
+1 on the roller rocker upgrade, i spent a couple of days searching and reading posts on rps and without any pictures or write up i suspect im only getting half of the story.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals