• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Im about to blow this thing up. Fuel help?? Truck wont start.

samuel_adelman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
2003 Mazda b3000.
About a week ago, it was getting hard to start the truck, did some digging and consulted a mechanic buddy of mine who recommended a new fuel pump. I could turn the key a couple of time to build the pressure, and it would start. So I changed the pump yesterday, and not only did nothing change, but it got worse. Now, I can't even start my truck. Earlier today, I was able to start it, and released pressure thru shrader valve. Now, in the midst of it, when I tap the gas to keep it alive, rpms don't budge. Please help, got work on Monday.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
2003 Mazda b3000.
About a week ago, it was getting hard to start the truck, did some digging and consulted a mechanic buddy of mine who recommended a new fuel pump. I could turn the key a couple of time to build the pressure, and it would start. So I changed the pump yesterday, and not only did nothing change, but it got worse. Now, I can't even start my truck. Earlier today, I was able to start it, and released pressure thru shrader valve. Now, in the midst of it, when I tap the gas to keep it alive, rpms don't budge. Please help, got work on Monday.
did you replace filter

samuel_adelman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
did you replace filter
So, now that I'm at a PC, I can give a little more detail. A week and a half before the initial fuel pump issue, i replaced the fuel filter, and all six spark plugs and ran seafoam thru brakebooster and gas tank. For a week and a half it ran fine. Then, it gradually got worse and worse and harder and harder to start until i had to flip the key about 2-3 times to prime the pressure enough.
Yesterday, I replaced the fuel pump- no change. Slightly better, but not perfect, and now today, no good at all. I will turn the key 2-3 times to prime but without any luck- the truck tries to start, barely does, and then bogs out and i cannot get my rpms up at all. There is no throttle response.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated for the response, and if anybody has any ideas please chime in. Going to try and get this fixed before work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals