• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mpg

GKM007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Okay now that my Duraspark is complete and working well, I have two questions?

1. What do I do with all the extra plugs that are left over in the engine bay? Do I just wire tie that together and let them hang or cut them and weather proof?

2. My MPG is not great. I did the math on the last tank and I am doing 12.5mpg vs the 17.4mpg I was doing before the swap. FYI nothing has changed except the duraspark also done wires, plugs, air filter. I've read that the mileage should drop a little from the factory feedback, but I've dropped 5mpg, seems excessive.

My guess is that I need to dial in my carb a little more? I currently have the screws out 3.5 turns, and it runs good, does not smell gassy. My guess is that I need to lean it out a little. Also getting rid of the cats should help to I imagine?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals