• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how do i know what size sway bar on 94 2wd

bizarro302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
it's not rocket appliances
OK, so I'm ordering a bunch of parts from the advance website tonight so I can utilize the 30% off promo code, and hopefully get the parts in by Wednesday. Otherwise I won't be able to get to it for another 5 days. Well I could get to it on the side of a cold Maine road in the dark, but i would rather use my brothers heated garage with a lift.

Anyhow my problem is 2 of the repairs needed to get a state inspection are the front passenger side sway bar link and both bushings.

When trying to order the parts it's asking if I have a 7/8" +or 1" sway bar. I have no clue, and it's 4 degrees out not including wind chill. I doubt I can measure within an 1/8 of an inch accuracy shakin like eddie money.

It's a 94 b3000 5spd 2wd 114" wheelbase btw. Thanks for any help I really want to get this order placed so I can be legal!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I cases like yours, I just use a cresent wrench and then measure the opening. I'd guess on a 7/8".
Dave

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Order both and send one back

bizarro302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
it's not rocket appliances
Ordered both, and needed neither. After looking at the truck myself on a lift they appeared fine. Likely replaced within the last few years.

I believe the guy at the inspection garage meant the bushings in the stabilizer bar link. Which just so happen to come with the link I had ordered as well. :icon_bounceblue:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals