• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wheel bearing dust caps will not stay seated in rotor

wrsmith1975

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have an issue with the front wheel bearing dust caps unseating from the rotors on my 95 mazda B2300 2wd pickup. Truck is the same as the ranger as Im sure everyone here is aware of. I have done numerous brake jobs in my lifetime. I always pack the wheel bearings when I do brakejobs. I did a front brakejob on my truck over a year ago. I replaced the dustcaps with some replacement dorman caps from autozone and oreillys. I have had to repack the bearings 4 different times since the brakejob because the caps will not stay on. I notice they seem to not seat all the way in the rotor for some reason and eventually fall off. I have replaced these caps a couple of times in the numerous repacks I have done. The last time I did this I even took a center punch and made a couple of divets in the lip of the cap to aid in holding caps in the rotors. Has anyone else had this issue or is this unheard of? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Bill

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals