• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'97 Ranger Cab on EB frame

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all I picked up a '68 Bronco frame & Drivetrain for a song off of Craigslist, it came with a '73 302 backed by a 3spd, dana 20, 9" rear, dana 30 front which will be swapped with a narrowed '79 dana 44.

The plan is to swap the Ext. Cab off my '97 frame cause the 4.0 and drivetrain is pretty tired and put it on my EB frame. Now I haven't measured exactly but eyeballing it the wheelbase should work and leave enough frame for a small flat bed and cage. Also cause the '68 doesn't have power steering I have to find a steering gear to use that will mount to the outside of the frame rail and work the steering shaft to line up and work with that. another problem I am seeing is making a clutch linkage work with a ranger clutch assembly. Other than that It shouldn't be a terrible job and will probably involve a solid amount of fab work and customizing. If anyone has any tips or has done this before I would love any advice .

And of course pics will begin showing up tomorrow

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like a cool build. do u think a bed from a newer exploder or sport trac would fit?
________
ExoticMistress live

Last edited:

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No there is only gonna be about 3' maybe behind the cab. and I wanna make a bed cage with storage, lights, spare tire, and hi-lift so is gonna be cramped already :)

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So here are some pics of the '68 Bronco Frame.

'73 302

3spd & Dana 20

9"

not sure if this is a factory joint in the frame or somebody fixed it a long time ago.

and the '97

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
woah that looks almost exactly how i want mine to i already have those headlights and thats the bumper i want. did u make it or buy it?
________
SexyLichi

Last edited:

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dont take that beautiful truck apart sas and swap a v8 into it i think it will be easier

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have been really racking my brain about that and if it would be better due to steering issues and that frame being welded. Thinking about my original plan to do the V8 & SAS then take the bed off and shorten the wheelbase. We will have to see.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I would keep the Ranger whole, and find an EB body to put on that frame. JBG sells Fiberglass kits....

chilsam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 branger
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
300 six
Transmission
Automatic
Dont do that

find another body i bought a complete 91 swb with crakd head for $30 n had a 89 EXC givn to me crakd head thats to nice a truk to dismantl jus us ranger sheetmetel n ol bronc mech im doin it with the 91 swb body on 91 fs bronco chassis 300 e4od thats wat id do!!

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
find another body i bought a complete 91 swb with crakd head for $30 n had a 89 EXC givn to me crakd head thats to nice a truk to dismantl jus us ranger sheetmetel n ol bronc mech im doin it with the 91 swb body on 91 fs bronco chassis 300 e4od thats wat id do!!
All I can say is...WHAT??? is that hard to read or is it just me??

Anyway, if it were me I would put together a Bronco out of those parts and sell it. Then do your SAS and V8 swap. IMO, those aren't parts you want to swap into you truck and swaping frames is no easy thing.....might as well make a new frame.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I like the idea. big strong frame and everything but the d30 and swappin the cab over which i have to say the truck is still really nice looking. just make it look good if you do swap the body and do it right i know that for some reason those 2 dont go together usually

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals