• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch problems with new truck, need help!

rizoss16

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I just bought a truck and I am having problems with the clutch.
Well I just finished bleeding the clutch line, and no improvement. My mouth and eyes are filled with break fluid and still no working truck. I am so pissed. I just bought this thing Friday I paid $7000! I emptied my bank account to get the truck, Now I have no money for the clutch repair. I am screwed, literally. Bleeding the line did nothing. I will tell you whats going on maybe you can tell me what i need and I will order the parts next paycheck and try to do it myself.
Last night I smelled something burning, but yesterday I put on a flowmaster 44 series (just swapped it with the original muffler, no catback duels or anything), so I thought it was that being broken in. I have put on 130 miles snce I bought it with no clutch problems, But as I posted before I bought it I asked if it was ok that the clutch grabbed really far out. And it did, but this morning went to start it up and the clutch would not go all the way to the floor, it goes about 3/4 of te way down, and I can FORCE it and i mean FORCE it to the floor, btu that doesnt help. I finally got it into nuetral and started it, let it run for a while. I have tried driving it around and it is very hard to get it into gear, If i push the clutch in about 1/4 of the way in and play with the stick I can get it into gear sometimes. While im driving if i give it alot of gas, instead of picking up speed, it just revs up really high and doesnt move any faster no matter what gear im in, also while Im driving i still cant push the clutch in all the way, even after I bled it. When I got back in my driveway I smelled a strong burning scent. What do you guys think? It must be something more than just bleeding it? It needs a new what? clutch? slave? master? flywheel? throwout bearing? Something else? What do you think? Mechanics around here will charge around 1200 and up to do a clutch and I have 30$ to my name, as i said i emptied out my account to get the truck. I dont have a backup car and I need to get to work to make money so I can fix my truck. I dont know what to do I called the guy I bought it from and he said it was fine when I bought it. ****!!!!! What should I do? I have a paycheck coming for about 300 or 400 that will be enought o order a a clutch and slave from clutch city, hopefully tht is all i need? And I have never done serious work to a car, I have changed oil, tranny fluid, radiators, alternator, and a battery but never tranny or engine work. I dont know if I could actually replace the clutch but I have no other option since I wont be making money that is needed to have a shop replace the clutch. I also have a loan out on the truck and I will need to make payment next month but wont be making money if i cant drive to work!!! Is there anyone in the area that can help me out in putting in a new clutch if I order it and I could throw you a couple hundred bucks when I get paid? Or maybe I could borrow some money from a friend to pay you? What do you guys think I am screwed right now.
I live in Duram CT

Is this what I need?
http://www.clutchcityonline.com/products/07-167S.shtml
Is it cheaper anywhere else?

Jeff673

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think you blew your slave cylinder.

peacjt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
Putting a clutch in is really no big deal, just a lot of time. You can do it yourself over a weekend. You'll need to rent a transmission jack if your are doing it yourself. Look online for replacement steps or buy a Hayne's manual at your local parts store. Take your time and follow every step. My '93 Ranger just started slipping. I've bought all clutch parts, slave cyl., rear main engine seal, front trans. seal and a trans. jack also from Harbor Freight for a total of $300 for everything. Hope all works out for you.

rizoss16

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
What are the symptoms of a bad slave?

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
What are the symptoms of a bad slave?
She won't wear her leather collar, won't bring you your slippers, and won't s*** your d*** on command... D'OH!! :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals