• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

picked up a uniden pc76xl today

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Buddy let me have it with a 4 foot antenna for 10 bucks. I know this is an am only CB but other then that I don't know much. Looked on eBay there goin for 100$ used. :yahoo:

Little beat up but it works and I couldn't buy half that antenna for 10$.

Was gonna mount the antenna on drivers side of bed near the cab should stick up about 2 foot. Which will be fine. I only need it for trail rides.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Nice score! That's a fine radio, even if it only has AM-mode.

Just make sure your SWR is good with the antenna mounted where you're proposing (that radio has a built in SWR function, so you won't need an external meter to check it).

If you can't get it to a 2:1 or less (<1.5:1 being ideal), then you may need to get a longer antenna that sticks up higher, and/or move it's mount away from the metal of the cab.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I played with it a bit after getting it installed. Moving it away from the cab grants various results. So I think it'll be fine. I haven't actually gotten to use it as the only group I wheel with that use them are the snow wheeling group. Attached to the bed side it does stick up a good 2-3 foot past the cab.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals