• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy from Minnesota

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello all! I'm a watercooled VW guy at heart, but I'm picking up a Ranger tomorrow. It's a '98 3L 5mt 2wd Ranger Sport. 102k miles and was old man driven since new. The only rust on the whole body is a hole through the front bumper. I'm planning on getting a DJM 4/5 drop out when some of my other parts sell.

I'm a weldor/fabricator for a company that makes stainless steel tanks for food and pharmaceutical industries. From small 3L bioreactors up to 11' diameter 60' tall silos and everything in between. Dairy tanks and beer tanks are out bread and butter.

I do all my own work on my vehicles in the small shop space I share with a buddy. We each have enough space for a couple vehicles and we each have our own good sized work areas so it's perfect.

Anyways some pics:

Here's the Truck I'm picking up.

Here's my '02 VW GTI 337 edition
1.8t, 6mt, intake, exhaust, fmic, 204hp/257lbft at the wheels(on a Dyno Dynamics heartbreaker), Recaro interior

And here's my big money pit, a 1980 VW Scirocco
2L 16v, 11.25:1 cr, 278 cams, Dual Weber DCOE45 carbs, MSD 6AL-2 Programmable, SS header, BC Racing fully adjustable coilovers, Volk Racing Supermesh wheels. Short of removing the dash, I've pretty much touched every nut and bolt on this car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJnEZ5iCk4E

Last edited:

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm not really looking to get to crazy with this truck, but stuff happens, lol.

I do have some 3 piece 17" HREs from a 964 911 with some sticky rubber that would probably fit with some adapters...

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Maybe throw these Recaros in the truck until my other Scirocco is finished...

Last edited:

Tarryn

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome! I like the color on the Ranger with a drop, wheels/tires, bumper, and some 06+ mirrors it'll be looking real good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Did an oil change, ran the engine for a bit and found a screw under the truck. After looking front to back, I found this.

I fixed that then I wired up the head unit harness adapter and installed the Kenwood head unit. The install kit I got off Amazon included a faceplate bezel that fit perfectly and makes it look less out of place.

I also removed the aftermarket cruise control that had some really janky wiring. There must have been a vacuum leak in the CC booster becauseit felt like the truck picked up about 10-15hp after removing it.

I mounted a Bosch tach on the column, but I've been either busy or sick and haven't had the chance to wire it up yet. It's positioned perfectly so I can still see the oil pressure gauge and the voltmeter. I'll hopefully have the time to get the wiring done tomorrow.

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I Replaced the front rotor/hubs, bearings, pads. They were due. After having packages stolen from my front porch, I finally got my new plug wires so I swapped in the new wires and plugs last Friday. The plugs I pulled out were gapped between .055"-.065". I gapped the new motorcraft plugs to .044" and the 3L runs great now. No more chugging at low rpm or higher load.

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I also picked up this set of wheels on the cheap from a friend. BMW Style 5s(BBS RC 090) 17x8 et20. I'll be using 20-25mm adapters. I'll go through Brad at Stateside Wheel out of KY since he's an Adaptec speedwear dealer and he's been very nice at car shows and he knows his shit as far as wheels go. His turbo VR6 powered Porsche is awesome.

Last edited:

Justion337

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Finally dropped it last weekend. Full DJM 4/5 kit.

And I found some 18x8 2012 Mustang take-offs on Craigslist with​ almost full tread for $500. The guy posted pics at bad angles and they were covered in brake dust so they were up for a long time. Here's a before and after with just wiping with glass cleaner. I need to get some spacers so I'll post pics of them mounted next weekend.

I welded up a 2.5" cat back with aluminized steel mandrel bends and a Borla muffler a couple weeks ago too. I still need to add a stainless section on the end. I've been looking for something at work, but couldn't find anything so I'll just stop at an exhaust shop this week. I have about $80 in it so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals