• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4WABS Module location

greg454

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I recently had an issue pointing to the 4wabs module. Not understanding where it was located I searched this forum and never really found the info I was looking for. I am writing this quick thread so anyone doing the same search would find an answer.

The 4WABS module is under the hood by the brake fluid reservoir. It is the anti-lock brake pump, valving and electronic control all in one unit. All I needed was the electronic control but most new parts I found sold this as a complete unit for a lot of money!

If like me you just need the electronic control part you can go to the local u-pull and save and get one for about $35.

To remove it, it has 4 strange male torx head screws that I couldn't find an exact socket for but found a 4mm socket or nut driver will fit it perfectly. It can be pulled off of the valve without losing any brake fluid....so you can replace this and doesn't require messing with brake fluid or bleeding anything.

To remove the electrical harness on it you pull up the little tab next to the plug and it removes itself....it pulls up about an inch or so. It will make more sense when you mess with it. There is also a two connector plug under that ..it just has the normal squeeze the sides and pull procedure.

Also this module is programmed for the wheel size of the truck to make the speedometer correct, so try and find one from a vehicle with the same size wheels listed on the tag in the drivers door... if you cant find something with the same size wheels it can be programmed later by someone with the correct tool so the module will still work.

After doing one I could remove one and re-install it in 1/2 hour.

Hopefully this helps someone as I really struggled finding this info.

Greg

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals