• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

led lights and placeing

Doug Metheny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hello guys im asking your guys opinion on buying led lights for my truck right now i am wanting to buy bullet lights like on a semi and mouint 5 on my roof 3 in the middle and 2 on each side n then mout a visor with lights then put a red led light for brakes on each side of the cab by the rear window and a white for (revs) lights also and now for a few questions where else should i mount lights i want lots of them my first idea was just run them aroud the lower body like on a semi but idk so do u guys have any ideas that i could barrow form you thanks n please post your ideas

ps. what about all the power thoese lights will need? do i need to find a bigger altanator and bigger battery or what?
and im also about to head down to the mid america trucking show in louisvill kentucky on the 26 so ill prob be picking up some lights there as well
and all the lights would be ran to toggle switchs

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
LEDs use VERY little power. You can light the whole truck up like a Christmas tree and it would probably still be well under 15 amps. So, no alternator upgrade is necessary. To give some perspective, my LED cargo lights use 33mA. Which is 0.033 amps.

Doug Metheny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
thank you i though they used a little more than that where would u recommend buying them? i do have the i65 chrome shop close to me and where would u recommnd placeing them to make he rlight up n not look crazy

Doug Metheny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
well i just got back from the chrome shop im going to put 30 lights aroud it at 6 on top the cab now they quated me at 418 for the lights but 500 for labor so i want to look aroud still any ideas

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals