• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Double R's Build/Fix Thread

Resurrection Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They say the older you get.. the more appreciation you have for things. That said.. I wish I would have done the right thing and be nicer to her. But I was 19 and well.. the rest is history.

But now I'm 34.. and I feel sorry. No one.. including the wife, (except you guys of course) knows why I would give 2 cents into a 1993 Ranger XL 2WD. It's the longest relationship I've had and I'm not ready to call it quits.

So that said, instead of a history lesson on my truck here are some things I have done recently. There is a long list to work off of. But a little at a time is better than nothing.

I scored these 1994 mustang wheels mounted with next to virgin 225/60/16. Tires still had the little fingers on them too. Stolen for 250 bucks!

Drivers side floor pan:
Can't explain why the left underside of my rig.. front to back... has sustained the most cancer out of the whole truck. My floor was soft.. REAL soft. So I pulled out the floor covering and when I got to the matting it was wet.. not good.

I wish I would of grabbed the camera cause this was a learning experience. I broke apart what I could with my hand and took a cut off wheel to the rest. I sanded the edges where the pan would later be tacked. I fabbed the new pan out of a 1974 dune buggy stainless steel roof that I had laying around (don't ask). It happen to be a perfect fit from about the front of the seat track to the front of the pedals. A mallet got it into shape. I had to run a few screws into it to hold it against the floor. I used a Lincoln wire fed 180. I've done minor minor stuff but nothing like this. I have to say it didn't come out bad. The part I hated the most was grinding everything down. I then got a tube of silicone and went around the edges. Than I got a can of Geat Stuff and went underneath to fill in any gaps where water may get in. The last step was primer and paint. Not a drip of anything comes in driving in wet weather and I can stand on the floor getting in and it doesn't budge.
The pic was taken a few weeks after having a dirty floor mat on it but you get the idea.

Left cab mount. I could break this apart with my fingers when I was underneath there. My rear spring shackles are almost as bad so they are next on my list.

I got these new OE Headlights off our trusted friends at Ebay. The clear corners were 15 bucks! In this pic you can see I shot the XL grey bumber and grill with some wally world spray paint and a can of clear. It serves it purpose till I'm done with the body and have it painted. I just alwats hated the grey. The driving lights in the grill are a nice touch although rectangular lights typically have a spread meant more closer to the ground. These just fit.

There you can see where I mounted the steel LED switch for the driving lights. The horn button is functional but not screwed in yet as I want adjust some things with the wiring yet. I'm looking for the loudest electric horn you can buy if anyone knows of any. I'm not that impressed with the Wolo I got!

Last edited:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
good work man! nice to see it rollin!
the front end looks really nice with black grille and bumper. nice touch there.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
good work man! nice to see it rollin!
the front end looks really nice with black grille and bumper. nice touch there.
Ditto!

Keep the pics coming...like they tell me--don't mess with it if you don't have a camera in the toolbox.....

we want to keep up with the progress...

(I wish I would have kept everything that I paid-off in the past!!!!!!!!!!!)

Resurrection Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thank you guys. If only money and time were no object. And I agree with having the camera on hand for EVERYTHING you do around it. I made a video of how I found the tach lead and the wife thought I was goofy. What does she know! :icon_rofl:

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
That is awesome you have owned that truck since you were 19! I bought my truck when I was 19 too, (but it was already used) I really hope nothing bad happens to it and I still can drive it when im 34.

Like the project, keep up the work!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
34 ????

people live that long???????

just pickin....I'm having my 3rd 20th birthday in a few months & my Ranger is gonna turn 22 (i'm the 2nd owner)....Waaaaahaha

Resurrection Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To be honest it should of ended up in the scrap yard 13yrs ago. 150 miles from home down at the shore with the girlfriend i kissed the back end of an areostar that pulled off the shoulder of the marshfield that he was apparently fishing in. I thought it was a broke down or something. Not even a foot on the brake to let me know someone was in it. I was doing the speedlimit which was 50. My steers slid a good bit so i'd say i hit him at 40. I got jacked into the windshield (no belt.. lesson learned) and got knocked out and landed on the womans lap. Woke up to her screems cause she thought i was, well you know. Anyways damage was mainly unseen. Our frames met perfectly so everything was thrown forward. Only metal issues was my hood and fenders. Two motor mounts snapped and i remember seeing the oil on the ground and i was like Wow I'm F'd! Driveline messed up too. Frame crowns jacked as well. Oh and a windshield. 6 grand and a month later i got her back! There's never an areostar around when you need one!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals