• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tailgate light bar annoyance

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I just got one. But here's the problem. The when the leds are on for taillights (both when the brake pedal is down and when the headlights are on), the directionals flash but it is barely noticeable. Can I put some sort of resistor on the taillight wire and dim it down some so the directionals can show up better? I am using the towing harness connector for this bar.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You can try but i dont know if it would fix it. A lot of those bars are designed for trucks without amber turn signals. When I hooked mine up the reverse lights on it were always on and got brighter on the brakes. After messing around with it I had to hook mine up so that it worked with my turn signals and tails. It doesnt get brighter when I hit the brakes but it is still turned on when the headlights are on.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Well that sucks. Is there any way I can rewire it to get it to work properly?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I saw in an LMC catalog one of the bars they sell comes with a module to get it to work right. The only way I can really think of is if you can get the module and wire it in. if you find a way let me know though

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Really? I think I will go look in my LMC catalog now.

Edit: I think I found what you are talking about. It's for the three color light that they sell. Apparently its a "logic" module which allows you to have turn signals and back-ups. But I only have a 4 function light, no backups. This gives me an idea though. I think I will try to see if I can find some sort of "logic" module like this for sale else where.

Edit 2: I found a logic box but it is for separating turn signals from a system with combined stop and turn signals. Anyone know where I can get one that is the exact opposite of that?

Last edited:

p38fln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 L GTDI
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals