• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 turbo harness hardwiring to body harness

rab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
merkur
Transmission
Manual
I have a 83 carbed 4 speed ranger, im going to do a 2.3 turbo swap along with a later model 89-92 5 speed.
i will be using a 85-88 tank and probably running a twin fuel pump set-up similar to the ones use in 85-88, so i can retain the stock style gauges along with making my fuel gauge work correctly.

I have a 2.3 turbo motor along with harness from a 87 merkur xr4ti,now to my questions, my plan is just swap in the 2.3 engine harness and hard wire the powers and grounds.

1. I assume the gauge senders for the cluster are part of the stock 83 starting and charging harness?
2. I have seen couple pinouts for the 87 xr4ti, and have seen some websites that document simplifying the 2.3 harness, but i would like to hopefully do my swap this way if its possible,(i.e. hard wire/splice all my connection to my 83 body harness from these 2 connectors) im going to post up some pics of 2 connectors, with hope that someone can i.d. these wires and where they would go in stock form on the 87 merkur, i can post up the wire colors if that helps,but forgot to write them down, so i can get those posted up later.
pics 1 and 2 are the same connector just at different angles, pics 3 and 4 are the other connector and different angles.
Screen shot 2014-09-15 at 10.05.54 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-09-15 at 10.05.44 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-09-15 at 10.06.03 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-09-15 at 10.05.34 PM.png

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals