• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

found a donor but will it work

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
ok so i looked at the truck again and it is a 8 bolt and leaf sprung ttb up fron so im assuming that means its a dana 50 and a 10.25" im still thinking of gettin it just for the engine and tranny but is there any way i can still use the rear end or is it much wider then the dana 44? also why can i not use the dana 50 if i converted it to coil spring? i understand its a dana 44 with 60 outers but hows that make it bad? wouldnt that just make it stronger or just as strong as a dana 44 at least
________
OG KUSH SEEDS

Last edited:

chilsam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 branger
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
300 six
Transmission
Automatic
?

Y not swap ranger body onto 250's chassis think that would be easier all the HD stuff is there. Thats wat id do

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
ok so i found a 89 f250 with a 351 5 speed and manual t case i think its a 9" and a dana 44ttb. question is would all this go into my ranger i kno its alot of work but i do have experiance my dads been a mechanic for 25 years i have access to a shop and basicly any tool i need. i want to convert the efi to a carb.also ive read about axle swaps on here and came across the dana 44 ttb swap so i think i can do that but another question is with a 250 is it going to be wider?
that would be a D50 TTB which is basicly a d44, and the rear is a Dana 60

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Y not swap ranger body onto 250's chassis think that would be easier all the HD stuff is there. Thats wat id do
:agree: While I commend you on your vision, Doing a body swap on the 250 Chassis seems the logical thing to do. Cut the frame down to shorten it.. Make new drive shafts... :icon_welder: on brother!!

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
oops didnt realize everyone else beat me to it lol. but you should deffinetly just swap cabs

that would be a D50 TTB which is basicly a d44, and the rear is a Dana 60

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
trucks long gone haha i rolled it in febuary but thanks i am looking to get another ranger one day but i just bought a 06 f150 and am trying to move out so no time soon. i think if i cant get an ext cab its gonna eb a reg cab short box. and then im fitting as big a tire as possible with no lift and throwin everything i wanted to put on my 97 on to it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals