• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 ranger 2wd

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Haven't really taken any pictures of the build, but here's a couple pictures.

-totally stock except for tint-

-Here is with leveling kit and 31 inch tires on newer ranger wheeels.-

-and these last 2 are how it sits now. I've got 5.5 extended beams with 5.5 inch lift coils. 6 inch glass with edge glass hood. 15 in eagle alloy wheels and 33 inch procomp tires. the glass still needs some fitment work and i'm trying to scrape more money together to get some coilovers. the back is still stock for now except some 2 inch blocks. As money comes the build will progress! :)-

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
couple updates... Got an 8.8 under the truck now with 4.10 and posi. Going to go with 4.88's when more money comes around.

Also got some traction bars installed yesterday, and came across a smoking deal on a set of chevy 1500 leaves today to the tune of $40. So there will be some chevy springs under the truck whenever i get some time.

Also removed the pinstripe.

Also forgot to mention my future plan of putting a 2.3t out of an 84 mustang gt turbo i picked up for $750 about 6 months ago. Just waiting to get some time to rebuild the motor and maybe buy a junker to cruise around while im getting everything hooked up.

Anyways enough of the chit-chat here's some pictures.

here's the donor stang..

and a picture of the traction bars installed. Gas tank made the job a major PITA.

And a picture of the truck w/o the pinstripe. Next is to trim the bumper to match the fenders. oh ya, and a bath :)

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Truck looks bad ass man. I love the fenders?

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
looks badass!!!
another 4 cyl ranger!! that encourages me even more!!
not that i need encouragement lol

looking hot man, nice work

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
thanks guys. The fenders are made to fit a 98+ ranger. i have a front clip from a 2000 i was gonna put on but i like the way my front end looks like it is so i'm not gonna change it. Fiberglass is a lot of work.

As for the 4 banger-it does ok. i had a 7.5 with 4.56's when i had 31's and it did great. But that rear end kinda grenaded so i was back to stock for a while. Now the 8.8 with 4.10's is kind of a dog. 5th gear is downhill gear. but it still gets around on.

I came across a 9 inch from a f/s bronco for $250 that has 4.56's and posi so i think that's gonna be coming together in the next couple weeks along with bedsides to accomadate the wider axle.

Thanks again for the compliments. :)

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
have actually made some progress lately. Havn't got around to installing the 9 inch yet, But i'm building my parts pile high. haha. Got a bed cage and some bedsides.

I focosued on the front end a lot lately, had an engine cage build and got some coilovers installed. still need to do some tweaking to get the alignment in check. Also now i'm thinking i need some different radius arms. I'm gonna try to shim mine forward, but it seems like they were built about 2 inches too short. oh-well.

Also got the battery re-located to the bed to free some room up in the engine compartment. I really don't like the way i've got it wired up now though, so i'll end up re-doing it in the next couple weeks probably.

Anyways, i'm going to work on getting the camber squared away tomorrow morning and will post some pictures up when i'm done.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
camber Alignment bushings with most adjustment i could find were 2 degree. it's still negative some so i'll have to get the ride height set a little higher to get that in check, but it's better now. Here are some pictures of the cage and coilovers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals