• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Ranger 4x4 Convertible.

1993vert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok Still a newbie with the whole Ranger thing, but I thought Id share my project. This is just a 4x4 Ranger 3.0 5-speed, that I got bored with and decided to chop the top off of.

She started off as this. Actually didnt look too bad.

Could not stand that stance so first thing I did was the coil spacer from the F-150. Got the idea from this site and it worked great!

Then I decided to have a little fun with it. With the back window removed, I made a line from where the window was, around to the bottom of the door windows. By doing this I was able to use the pinch weld from the rear window to maintain some of the rigidity on the back of the cab. There is a line at the front of the roof about where the visors mount, that is perfect for the cut by the windshield. Then with a grinder, I cut it to bits!

I didnt like the way it looked with the long bed still on it, so I went on and pulled it off. Like a genius, I flipped the bed off by myself, soooooo when I did it, the bed landed on its side and bent the bedside inward. Who needs a bed anyway!

Next on my to-do-list will be to hit what I can of the frame with chassis saver, so I can start construction on a roll cage. But shes getting there a little at at time!

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hurry and get that cage in so you can come down here and wheel with us....

gonna be a neat rig when ya get done.....

l8r, John

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals