• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Presley's 2007 Ranger

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
This is my newest truck and 4th RBV I have owned. I bought this truck 6 months ago because I was in need of a work truck. Well soon after my explorer died so decided I was going to make some improvements. Current upgrades are in my sig. Future plans include:

Paint hood Black (Clear is ruined on it and the paint is yellowing badly)
blackend corner/headlights one piece (something like this http://www.protuninglab.com/20forapieust2.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=18283950120&utm_content=pla )
Exhaust.. flowmaster vs magnaflow hmmm

and the very next project will probably be nightshading my taillights and 3rd brake light.

So here is some shots I grabbed of my truck while I was offloading some equiptment. She is dirty from yesterdays landfill trip. Expect some scratches, this is my work truck and a great one at that. hauled 2000 lbs of ceramic tile yesterday according to scale at landfill, like a champ.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Dude, your tires are low.

Nice find though.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Dude, your tires are low.

Nice find though.
thanks bro! I'll check psi but the contents of that truck bed during the first few shots was about 1,200 lbs of materials.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I have been contemplating how to go about darkening my taillights while still letting light in for a while. Since I saw plastidip at Home Depot today I grabbed some. After hearing about how plastidip is removable if you decide you don't like it etc., I used minimal prep and left the tail's on the truck. my overspray cleaned up but it was a PITA and now I feel I gotta pull them anyway to get the little bit that wound up in the crack between the lights and the truck and touch up my edges... Seriously lesson learned just pull lights off the truck to paint them. Anyhow here's some pics. :icon_thumby:

The original plan was to go over it with a few layers of the plastidip glossifier later on but, I am really liking the look of the matte finish. It's super black and yet light shines through it fantastically(Which was my biggest concern). I would love to plastidip my yellowed oxidized hood black but am a little nervous about rattle canning something so big and flat. The end result needs to be perfect or there's no point in doing it.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Was this truck wrecked in the front at some point? It looks like one headlight is older than the other, the panel gaps are kind of weird, and it has a 98-00 front bumper. Maybe your "yellowing" hood has been repainted and is just a slightly different shade of Oxford White? Just kind of strange.
Overall, it seems like a nice truck though!

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
You should've just taken out the taillights assemblies for paint lol

sent while I should be working, or fixing something,,,

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Was this truck wrecked in the front at some point? It looks like one headlight is older than the other, the panel gaps are kind of weird, and it has a 98-00 front bumper. Maybe your "yellowing" hood has been repainted and is just a slightly different shade of Oxford White? Just kind of strange.
Overall, it seems like a nice truck though!
I came to the same conclusion that it was wrecked at some point to to the headlights, and how the hood is yellowing but, the rest of clear in great condition. I never caught that the bumper is older until you just pointed it out. It has a clean title but I do think it was in a decent fender bender at one point. The mismatching headlights drive me nuts! I plan to go with an oem style headlight with the light reflecter part black. There is a guy with a build thread a couple post down from this one who has on headlights that are a lot like what I'm talking about.

You should've just taken out the taillights assemblies for paint lol

Ugg tell me about it. I pulled them off just a little while ago as I got home. I grabbed a rag and cleaned out the plastidip that slipped thru the cracks. I than put on a very light layer of plastidip over both lights. Working on my balcony at my apt is so much easier haha. I went ahead and tossed a fan on low to dry them in the 80 degree weather with like 5% humidity they should be bone dry in about a half hour or so. Than I'm gonna go ahead and clear coat them. Here is some pics so far lol. :headbang:

And after this dries. Likely about 10 min from when I get this post off I'm going to hit it with this stuff.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Also, does anyone know how those tabs release on the bottom of my grill? I saw the screws on tab to release but those tabs dont want to. I played with them a bit by hand and with a flat head screwdriver but they don't wanna budge. I just don't wanna break my grill. I do however want to Plastidip it.

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
Should work out good

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Should work out good

My fingers are crossed Rainey. Too bad I cant finish my 3rd light too today. My bed is loaded down too high with equipment for my job tomorrow to access it. I sure as hell ain't unloading it til tomorrow am :D

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Well, back to waiting for paint to dry. They are looking really good now. However I dropped the ball a little bit and accidently smudged the wet clear a little bit in the side of one of the lights. I'm going to have to reinstall tails tonight but, I'm thinking tomorrow afternoon, after the new paint cures a bit. I can take them off again, Sand with a fine grit sand paper and put 1 more coat of clear, effectively fixing my screw up. Would also love to do my grill tomorrow. But we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I went ahead and wet sanded the lights today. I than put 2 more layers of clear on. They turned out amazing. Next to come I want to do my grill and bumper tomorrow with plastidip. I would like to maintain the flat black look on my front end but the plastidip seems like it would be a bitch to clean. So I likely will clear them too. Also gonna get a TRS decal for the back window and looking into herculining or something similar to my bed. I use it heavily so I would need 4-5 layers and a few days without having to work so we will see when I can do that one.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Lol, I did my 07 emblems with plastidip too! Yay! I don't if it did it to you but I ended up spending a few hours getting little black specs off. Exhaust wise you should go flowmaster, I have super 10's on mine, also you should do your front chrome bumper with plasti-dip and pick up a white sport grill.

Last edited:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Lol, I did my 07 emblems with plastidip too! Yay! I don't if it did it to you but I ended up spending a few hours getting little black specs off. Exhaust wise you should go flowmaster, I have super 10's on mine, also you should do your front chrome bumper with plasti-dip and pick up a white sport grill.
Actually I did the emblems a while back with rustolium satin black, and meticulous prep. Had I thought of it they would have been plastidiped too. Although I do agree a white sport grill would be awesome. I am going for the blacked out white truck look haha. Right on I'll look into a flow master set up. :icon_thumby: thanks for you input as it's always appreciated.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
If you're curious, here's the product chart.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/images/family_banner2_lrg.jpg
And here's my my thread with the video's on it.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139422

As for the white sport grille, good luck, you can get it from ford parts of course but there not cheap, (which is why I'm not cutting mine up) but, another option for your's would to be to cut out the inside and do a billet insert, and plastidip the chrome outer black. The bumper you could plastidip but also get the original bumper if you fancy. And if you really wanna go black, you can pick up some aftermarket halo's with black housings for the front headlights, as well as led taillights in black housings. Also, are you going to lower it for street? Or lift it for pre running? Because with the 07 you can level the front and get a free lift. :D

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals