• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

seat tracks

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I used to know this but forgot and can't find the link/page that confirms what I'm thinking I remember, so the question is:
Will 60/40 seats from a 95 Ranger bolt up to the bucket seat tracks I have right now in my 94? My passenger Mustang bucket is shot, so I've found a pair of 60/40 seats out of a 95...also do those newer 60/40 seats fold forward? I think I remember the original 60/40 seats in my 94 doing that, but it's been too long.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
My 2000 seats do not fold, OOOH but I wish they did. A pain to get into the back of the xtra cab. I just removed the armrest to make it easier and it did. It also made for much better air circulation as I can now feel a cool breeze from the a/c blowing by me.

My bad; I do have reclining seats, just can't get past them to get into the rear area like the grandsons used to.

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I test drove a 97 Ranger with the 60/40 seats and I had them fold forward...it was an extended cab though so I think that makes a difference. The regular cab should fold forward because there is enough space behind the seat to store a waffle or two...I know my bench seat folded forward in the single cab and I was able to store...TWO waffles...

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, though I remembered it that way but a lot of water and miles has gone under the bridge since I knew for sure. With any luck, tomorrow I will either score a decent of tan buckets out of a 96 Explorer or a grey 60/40 set of seats that I can adapt. Hell, today I even learned that you can cut the 60 seat down to size and make it a normal-looking bucket…might even try that, too.

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, though I remembered it that way but a lot of water and miles has gone under the bridge since I knew for sure. With any luck, tomorrow I will either score a decent of tan buckets out of a 96 Explorer or a grey 60/40 set of seats that I can adapt. Hell, today I even learned that you can cut the 60 seat down to size and make it a normal-looking bucket…might even try that, too.
I plan on doing the cut job to my drivers seat one day. I just removed the arm rest and I like that better. More air movement in the cab.

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Another adventurous and productive day via Lady Luck...went on CL last night to check to see if any new seats ads popped up and lo and behold there was an add for 60/40 seats out of a 2002 Mazda B3000 recently wrecked in the front. Seats looked pristine in the pix and they were even tan, like my interior. Wrangled on the phone and by text and went after them first thing this morning...nice 90 minute drive in the cool of the morning. Had to deal with a dick lot attendant, but a phone call to his boss fixed that. Had to fetch a T50 Torx bit from a nearby parts store as the seat bolts were not hex-head like mine. Anyway, they came out quick and they are pristine and clean. Stopped for some tasty Tex-Mex on the way home, too. Cool thing was the 2002 tracks are a straight drop in, just like the old 60/40 tracks on the original seats and just like the Mustang GT tracks that I've been using. All I had to do was swap out both seat belt recievers from my old seats to the new ones...receivers on the Mazda seats wouldn't fit the male belt clips. Celebrated by fetching myself a tasty, frostly Colorado beverage and doing a short test drive/fit. Cool thing is they came out of a club cab/XLT too so both seats have the backs that fold completely forward and slide way forward at the same time...a real benefit for loading the Chocolate Lab in the back behind the seats. I'll try to get and post some pix tomorrow...got some foam-backed Camo upholstery headliner cloth from Albrights online to install on my old headliner board. Before you know it Little Green will have clean carpet, new camo headliner and nice tan 60/40 buckets and it'll be Bob's Yer Uncle again until the Lab gaks something up on the carpet or the seats...duck/goose season is coming.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Plastic is your friend...I had those felt seat covers on mine and they stayed relatively clean until I decided to take the covers off...

Anyway...sounds like a good day all around...good for you...I've had many of those days myself and they are like a fresh breeze on a hot summer night...especially when your butt is sweaty from driving the old lady home...:)

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I may decide to get some camo seat covers if I can find some for a 60/40 setup. The truck only gets really grungy during hunting season, for obvious reasons...but the carpet is easy enough to pull and clean at the car wash. It was a hot mo-fo yesterday...I was sweatin' like a hog just pulling those seats at 10:30...by the time we left the TexMex place it was pushing 98...I ran the big fan in the garage while dropping the seats in but after a couple of hours out there I had trashed my shop clothes. Gonna get back up to about 99 today so I may punt the headliner install until later in the week...we're due for a cooler Polar Vortex invasion according to the weather liars.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals