• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 B2 Swapeverydamthing!

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Sliders looks good!

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Slow weekend here. But, I got the trans lines plumbed to the cooler with -6 Pushlock hose and -6 AN fittings. I picked up a Lokar dipstick for the trans and made a little mount for it since its extra long.

I cleaned up a stock Early Bronco trans crossmember and making mounts to the chassis was way easier than I thought it was going to be. I ended up setting the drive line angle pointing tail down -5*. I really couldn't get the tail up any higher,I was shooting for -3, since the tail housing was already getting close to touching the floor pan. I took some leftover brackets from my Duff kit that weren't used to make a small boxed section of the frame and welded some generic shock tabs to doubled up and welded together.

Fits like a glove and should be plenty strong.I also removed the speedo cable from the d20 and used a Ford plug to fill that hole since I'm using a GPS speedo.

So now I just need to figure out these 13 needle bearings that go in around the input shaft then I can stab the d20 in tomorrow.

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Dude this build is awesome. It makes me want another project haha! What ever happened to your pickup?

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man! This truck has been really fun to build so far.

My Ranger truggy is sitting behind my garage for now. I decided I wanted to completely redo a lot of it so I parked it out back until after I build my barn later this year. Didnt help that once I put the 40" tires on it I couldnt get it inside my shop anymore.lol I was building that truck as daily driver/ weekend toy since I didnt have a 4wd daily at that time. Since then Ive upgraded my dailys to new 4wd F150s so the Truggy doesnt need to be a compromise build. Its getting a bigger motor, more gear,more exo,hydo steering and prolly wont ever get plates or be street driven. The B2 will be my "do anything" toy I can drive anywhere,anytime.

BTW, thanks for inspiring me to start my own build log on my Youtube channel! Love the vids you guys make.

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man! This truck has been really fun to build so far.

My Ranger truggy is sitting behind my garage for now. I decided I wanted to completely redo a lot of it so I parked it out back until after I build my barn later this year. Didnt help that once I put the 40" tires on it I couldnt get it inside my shop anymore.lol I was building that truck as daily driver/ weekend toy since I didnt have a 4wd daily at that time. Since then Ive upgraded my dailys to new 4wd F150s so the Truggy doesnt need to be a compromise build. Its getting a bigger motor, more gear,more exo,hydo steering and prolly wont ever get plates or be street driven. The B2 will be my "do anything" toy I can drive anywhere,anytime.

BTW, thanks for inspiring me to start my own build log on my Youtube channel! Love the vids you guys make.

I never knew you went to 40s on the truck. This B2 is cool because it’s like in between tame daily driver and hardcore offroad rig. Plus the name for the project is awesome lol.

Heck yeah man, I just subbed to your channel. I really like watching builds unfold, either in forums or YouTube. It has helped keep me motivated to continue progress on my truck.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Looking good

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
What did you use for the hood vents?

Last edited:

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
I don't see any issues. My last B2 had vents like these with no issues, my 83 TBird has open scoops with no issues but all these have a factory Ford rubber boot on the distributors

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Had a good Sunday in the shop with a few buddies helping me out. We got everything reamed out and the Ruff Stuff 1 ton steering on and everything fits and clears good. Finally dug out the box of new rear brake parts Ive been sitting on for about a month and found out nothing fits! Turns out somebody had swapped out the 11" narrow drum brakes {1.75" shoes} for full size f150 11" drum brakes {2.25" shoes} so I had to run and exchange all my parts and thankfully everything was on the shelf.

I got the late model remote TFI mounted to firewall,set rear pinion angle, instsalled a stock EB front driveshaft which looks like will be perfect and today I ordered a custom 2.5" tube 38.5" double cardon shaft from Tom Woods.

I also took apart my B&M Pro stick to modify the shift gate. I removed the reverse lock out and made it so I can shift from any forward gear to reverse in one movement and same going the other way. Only park is locked out.

I then bolted up the James Duff rear bumper and started thinkin about the tire carrier.

At the end of the day I rolled it outside for the first time so I could do a little floor clean up inside and took some poser shots. Man I love how its looking!

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Looks great!

Perfect stance and height.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals