• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Too cool, I was about to fiberglass my blower motor box but that sheet metal would do the trick also. Did you seal it with silicone or filler to get a nice air tight fit

prymetime1

Reaction score
I did not use any silicon to seal it.the way I seat the sheet metal and trimmed it, sealed it good enough for my use. Looks better than a huge hole and I got some air flowing again.

Bent over the lip to seal it/finish it up.

I also did a quick polish on my valve covera n mounted the blower motor today:

Also got to my system, ran some wires and got my rear grills off to mount the speakers. I'll take picks of that since they didn't just bolt in. [emoji34]

prymetime1

Reaction score
My 5x7s didn't fit directly in the rear speaker area when I test fit them earlier today. There were not spots to mount the speakers, my simple solution, mount the speaker to the grill and then grill to rear of cab.
Easy peasy:

Plenty of clearance for the speaker surrounds to move.

I don't dig the bolts showing on the grills but it's no show truck so no worries. Sacrifice for tunage[emoji344] [emoji344] [emoji106] I may hide the small amp in the back jumper seat storage area to keep it out of site.

RonneyJAyala

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 For now...
Transmission
Manual
I fabricated 6x9's into my rear cab on my 92 ranger, and 6.5" into the doors. That took some time with a dremel ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
I haven't even begun to mess with my sound system yet but thankfully my '88 has awesome cheap plastic boxes that hold my rear speakers... All I need is a Dremel and a template. [emoji51]

prymetime1

Reaction score
I fabricated 6x9's into my rear cab on my 92 ranger, and 6.5" into the doors. That took some time with a dremel ha.

I haven't even begun to mess with my sound system yet but thankfully my '88 has awesome cheap plastic boxes that hold my rear speakers... All I need is a Dremel and a template. [emoji51]

I was surprised to see nothing there in the rear to hold the speaker, unless it's supposed to go under the grill mounts n have the grill hold it in place?

I read that it should take 5x7/6x8s for both doors n rear cab so that's what I picked up. Hoping the doors fit with no isues. Waiting to add a newer Bluetooth head unit when I do the subs n amp since the current old pioneer only has one set of preamp outputs and no auxiliary input. It's basic but works for now. Should have this small project done over the weekend.

RonneyJAyala

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 For now...
Transmission
Manual
I got my full sound system in now, took awhile, but I put some Rockford fosgate 6.5" doors, with the 6x9 rears, and a 10 inch jl sub to sit between the seats powered by 500W Rms alpine, all connected to a Kenwood KDC-X993 deck :) only spent about $350 for all of it.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Man looking good brotha , really . Now you just need to run a 90 degree 3" pipe or coupler and cuts a hole in the firewall . Got pics in thread . Since those pics . I've used this weird playdo style weather stuff and fill the cracks and wrapped the blue coupled with black weather tape . Blends in really good now . Also I need to replace my front speakers . I did the 6x9 mod in the back and had a no name 10" sub and amp in a custom ranger box . Blew amp so took the sub out for space . But now looking to get another amp build a custom box in the center with a 10" sub or 8 , with new style ford light up cup holders and small arm rest . Can't wait to see all the goodies coming .

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man looking good brotha , really . Now you just need to run a 90 degree 3" pipe or coupler and cuts a hole in the firewall . Got pics in thread . Since those pics . I've used this weird playdo style weather stuff and fill the cracks and wrapped the blue coupled with black weather tape . Blends in really good now . Also I need to replace my front speakers . I did the 6x9 mod in the back and had a no name 10" sub and amp in a custom ranger box . Blew amp so took the sub out for space . But now looking to get another amp build a custom box in the center with a 10" sub or 8 , with new style ford light up cup holders and small arm rest . Can't wait to see all the goodies coming .

Hey broski, thanks! I was actually looking at your thread for ideas on how to get it to work better. So I was thinking, since I still have the ac hole open, to block it off with a plate and add a coupler to it. I was thinking of using vacume hose from the blower motor to the couple on the plate covering the ac hole. Just chop up some old vacumes laying around. Is my thinking correct in attempting to blow air thru the ac hole (rectangle) for heat right or do I have to do same mod u did to make it work?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
No , your right you can use that hole and make a plate like u did for the blower motor . Instead of drilling a hole in the fireball you use the stock location still with out the evap core and stuff there . Pretty much my setup but yours connects a few inchs closer to the motor . I ran it like you have it now and defrost kinda worked and it got warm I the cab after driving awhile . But once I made the 3" hole and added the coupler it was on like donkey kong [emoji1360]

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No , your right you can use that hole and make a plate like u did for the blower motor . Instead of drilling a hole in the fireball you use the stock location still with out the evap core and stuff there . Pretty much my setup but yours connects a few inchs closer to the motor . I ran it like you have it now and defrost kinda worked and it got warm I the cab after driving awhile . But once I made the 3" hole and added the coupler it was on like donkey kong [emoji1360]

Do you have pictures? I need to fix my heat also

prymetime1

Reaction score
So today the weather was holding up nicely around my way. I ended up getting to installing my new stereo ish. I picked up a new Bluetooth pioneer head unit since I wanted to use my phone for music. Also wanted to have some updated features which for the 100 bucks it was , is loaded with audio goodness :)

Got my door panels off and found some after market older pioneer 6x8s

Swapped in the new 4 ways:

Ran all new thicker gauge wire back to amp.

Got the rears mounted in:

Ran some more wires for my mess:

Mounted n cleaned up alil:

Head unit:

for the money into it,it sounds phenomenal. I can't wait to add some subs! I was able to use my hpf on the
h/u to knock out the low frequencies to the amp for the mids & highs. No distortion all the way up. When i add the subs n amp it should be the bees knees :)

in other news, I lost my alt belt along my way yesterday. Picked up a new one but it's alil to big so back to the store I go to find one a tad smaller.

That's all folks...enjoy the super bowl later on. :)

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
1994 347/c4 build -project name pending

Shit man looking good . What's up with the rear area were the seats normally fold up . Yours don't look like it has them . Instead it looks like side pockets with hatch cover looking doors with a knob . I have fold out seats . I want a drivers side cover so I can store my stuff in there and delete the seat since I only use one seat when I pick up my sons .

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Shit man looking good . What's up with the rear area were the seats normally fold up . Yours don't look like it has them . Instead it looks like side pockets with hatch cover looking doors with a knob . I have fold out seats . I want a drivers side cover so I can store my stuff in there and delete the seat since I only use one seat when I pick up my sons .

Thanks bud. Was happy to just keep working on it with weather being decent up here. U are correct in that my truck doesnt have the jump seats. Just these lil plastic covers and small storage space. To he honest, being an xl, this truck didn't have any options. Kind of makes working on it that much easier and old school feeling.

I got a line on some subs from a buddy. 2 jl audio 12 inch in enclosure for a good price. Just need another amp to push them.

If it don't fit, I may opt to put this in my jeep and swap my 12 inch alpine type r into the truck.
Gotta have my bass.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals