• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9l Engine Build/Rebuild

MikeR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I was planning out my projects for this winter and I want to rebuild the 2.9l in the ranger. I was going to do a basically stock rebuild + a few little things want to keep the engine to the point that if i want to throw a turbo on it for a bit more power then i can.
i have another complete 2.9l that i was going to rebuild and was planning on doing the following to it.
i was going to port and polish the intake and heads install a header. Was looking at cams but it doesn't seem like any of the cams in the tech lierary are still around? Any suggestions?
Was looking at a rebuild kit for DNJ that comes with a oil pump pistons and rings and a complete seal kit. Thoughts?
was also going to add an oil cool at this time. Ant thing else that i should do while i am in there? Any suggestions on what i was looking at?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Let me talk to a guy I know. I think he still has a hot 2.9 cam and lifters. I am running one of his engines in my BII, and compared to the tired old dog that was in my Ranger it's a beast. Still not a 4.0, but better than stock.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals