• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercab or Supercrew?

Which Ranger Cab Would You Want?

• SuperCab - Jump Seats

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • SuperCab - 'Real' Seats

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • SuperCrew

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Regular Cab

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

priceman142

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Assuming that the regular cab Ranger doesn't make it to the US, and Supercab and Supercrew (double cab) are the only choices, which one would you be more interested in?

For me, it comes down to a few things:

- What the price difference would be (main concern)

- What would the 'rear seats' look like in the US-spec supercab? The online brochure for the UK Ranger lists 'jump seats' for the supercab. The Tacoma and Frontier extended cabs also have jump-style seats. The Colorado is the only extended cab that seems to have 'real' seats.

- Would the off-road trim (think Wildtrek) be available on supercab, or only on supercrew, like the global ranger? I'm just curious to know.

Which cab would you prefer?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If I got a scab I would want real seats... tiny bed of a screw is unappealing. :dntknw:

You could add a poll. Scab vs screw. Maybe have two options for scabs, jump seats and real seats too.

priceman142

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I also would want 'real' seats in the back of a 'scab,' as you call it.

I like what GM did with the Colorado extended cab rear seats, real seats with a storage compartment in the base of the seat, and the headrest can be detached and attached to the front cushion to extend it for a car seat.

I currently drive a regular cab truck, I can store stuff (tool kit, other misc. things) between the seat and the back of the cab, and the stuff is snug back there. If it was an extended cab with jump seats, the stuff would be just sitting there and anyone could see it thru the window. I'd prefer the Colorado-style seats with the compartment beneath.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Ranger is std and F-150 is scab.

What you can fit behind the Ranger's seat stays put like you say. I do like the ability to put gun and bow cases in the back seat of the F-150 and keep them out of sight though.

With the my Ranger if you are hunting with someone and go to lunch once you get there you have to move them all from the bed to the cab while the whole world watches. And then they are just laying in the front seat completely exposed.

Meanwhile nobody knows what is in the F-150 doing the same thing. Yeah it is sitting on top of the seat, but it is hard to see thru the privacy glass... especially looking at a black gun case.

Rangerx2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.7 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Always question authority
I'll take mine with the Supercab and a real back seat, but only if Ford can design the rear seat to fold up out of the way. If they can configure it so that the seat bottom can fold up towards the rear cab-wall, and anchor it somehow to stay out of the way, that would be great. Otherwise, give me the jumpseats. My rear seat area will mainly be occupied by a dog or cargo, and only occasionally will I need to use it for passengers.

priceman142

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like so far, there are no votes for Supercrew, which is ironic since that cab could very well be the biggest seller.

I'm torn between Supercab and Supercrew - It all depends on price difference and if any features are specific to one particular cab.

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
After leaving the Rangers for my Explorer Sport Trac, I've come to like having the extra room to haul more people in the back seat. I'm going to have a supercrew when they finally get sold.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Looks like so far, there are no votes for Supercrew, which is ironic since that cab could very well be the biggest seller.

I'm torn between Supercab and Supercrew - It all depends on price difference and if any features are specific to one particular cab.
My current truck is a Double Cab 2008 Toyota Tundra, plenty of room in the back seat if I need to haul people around. If I got a new gen ranger when and if they ever come out with them I'd just get it more as a work vehicle and DD not worried about carrying people around.

merc2dogs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
explorer sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Never was a fan of the extended or crew cabs. Much prefer the standard cab. If the choice was crew or super cab, I'd just restore my current standard cab.

planeflyer21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I prefer an extended cab on a (true) compact truck. I rarely have one passenger, even more rarely have two passengers. We can usually all squish up front.

The extended cab is nice for items that need to be out of the weather.

tcbaklash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The Tacoma is available with a "super crew" cab and 6ft. bed. Ford could do it with the new Ranger, but I doubt they will.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I prefer an extended cab on a (true) compact truck. I rarely have one passenger, even more rarely have two passengers. We can usually all squish up front.

The extended cab is nice for items that need to be out of the weather.
That is how one of the trucks was setup when I was installing garage doors...my tools and parts were setup in the extended cab area for easy access yet out of the weather and grabby hands. But it would be nice if they made it so the extended cab portion had doors though.

priceman142

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The global Ranger supercab has 'suicide' doors to access the area behind the front seats.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
supercrew diesel.

i been tellin her....when that edge goes back....its a bronco....ranger.....or a challenger.

then i was like....you hearin me bitch!.....those are the choices. thats it...i wont pay for anything else....

then she pulled my balls out of her purse and stepped on them right in front of me.....

evil...... bitchzilla....

supercrew diesel. a cave pig can dream right?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
The global Ranger supercab has 'suicide' doors to access the area behind the front seats.
Thanks for the info. Makes for easier parts bin and tool access back there then as that's what I'd use it for.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals