• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4x4 issues

Caladd83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey there I bought a 1992 ford ranger awhile back for real cheap and I've got some 4x4 issues knowing this when I bought it. When I bought the truck you would have to manually change it 4x4 lo on the transfer case but could not switch it to 4x4 high. It did not have either the shift motor nor the control module.

After purchasing the shift motor and control module then getting everything hooked up I can now use the push button switch to get it into 4x4 high but not 4x4 low. I've got 2 button switches and they both do the same. I did the test with the control module and the light blinks so I think its good and it clicks when 4x4 high is engaged. 4x4 high dash lights sometimes comes on when engaged but 4x4 low doesn't at all. I've got continuity from the switch to the module but I'm not getting a full 12v to the shift motor. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Caladd83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Figured it out I was missing the sensor connecting into the shift motor to the transfer case.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals