• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Master cylinder question for explorer 8.8 swap

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
figured it out, and luckily got to cancel my order for the master cylinder. i had a small leak where the end of the hard line meets the new soft line at the caliper, that was giving me the soft pedal. got that fixed and now she stops on a dime! thanks TRS. ill probably end up doing the expo master soon so everythings done diddly dialed.

Zephys69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After building on my truck for awhile now, i finally got a test drive in.
My truck is a 94... so i'll start by saying i did the 95-97 front brake upgrade to dual piston calipers. Next i tossed in an 2002 Exploder rear end with disc in the ass. Ran new lines and bled them all out. My pedal gets tight and hard with the truck off so no pressure loss, no leaks. When it's running it's soft and goes pretty far down. I have an Exploder Master Cylinder sitting on my work bench incase i need it, I'm assuming this will clear up my soft pedal issue. Anyone have an opinion they want to throw at me? So many don't need to swap it and so many yes swap it.. I'm 90% sure it has to be done to get the right proportion of fluid to front and rear

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Bumping a old thread . Just like above I've done the same brake upgrades in the front and have a 96 expo rear . I'm using the stock 94 4.0 mc with rear abs . I have not light on and it brakes just soft peddle . I have the 96 expo master , will it bolt up and solve the soft issue ? I may just swap just to see once the 5.0 is in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals