• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what clutch line for zf5

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have an s5-42 small block zf5, ive read that some years of ranger quick disconnect will hook up to the zf5 slave, but it was in an unknown build thread. Anybody know about this? I can buy a prebled master and slave for a 94 f350 for 100$ or just the slave for 50$ if my 94 line will mate up.

Ayax

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
depends a lot on what type of fittings you have to deal with...it's basically a hydraulic line.what pressures are you dealing with?

i'm thinking something along the lines of a shop that can build steel braided brake lines.any shops in town that deal with custom motorcycles?they often have to get wierd stuff custom made on a regular basis.

since your going from trans to frame over such a short span you definitely want to use a flexible line.don't try to run your line directly from the trans to the master...give yourself plenty of extra length,and run sort of a long "u" shape when you plan your layout.the trans/engine combo is obviously gonna move around a lot more independently than a frame mounted master cylinder.you need lots of room for flexing.

what i'm thinking is you will likely need a lot more than 10".

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man`s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.
Kind regards, Ayax Diceus

Last edited:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I believe that one of the ZFs I had (was from a 2wd 1996 F250) had the exact same slave cylinder fitting as the Rangers do. I don't have it anymore so I can't 100% confirm that, though. The older ZF I have now didn't come with a slave cylinder and I haven't used the trans yet so not sure on that one.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I believe that one of the ZFs I had (was from a 2wd 1996 F250) had the exact same slave cylinder fitting as the Rangers do. I don't have it anymore so I can't 100% confirm that, though. The older ZF I have now didn't come with a slave cylinder and I haven't used the trans yet so not sure on that one.
That is my gut reaction too based on the fact that the M5R2 also shared the Ranger fitting if you stay with similar year trucks. Almost as if Ford was trying to go to a universal fitting.

Never dealt with a ZF at all though.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had eventually remembered that it was grunizzles thread that had talked about clutch slaves. I believe he said that his zf5 came with a 96 slave and a 93 worked.

I have a 94 zf5 and a 94 prebled slave on my truck. I think I'm going to order a 94 slave for the zf5 and see if it will match up to my current line. If not I'll return it and get a prebled unit.

Hopefully mine works. This swap is starting to get expensive.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals