• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 Ranger SAS Brake problems

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Hey folks, I am having a problem with the brakes on my SAS'd ranger. My setup is as follows:

dana 44 with factory, new brakes
ford 9 inch with late 70s chevy pickup/blazer calipers, new
factory booster
late 90s f-250 brake master cylinder (bigger bore diameter than factory ranger mc)
ABS module delete

The problem is i have almost no brakes, the very last maybe 1/5th of my brake pedal before the floor will barely stop the truck, the brakes go almost to the floor when the truck is running but when the truck is off, they firm right up.

Things I've tried:
Replacing the master cylinder
bench bleeding master cylinder and bled the brakes numerous times
Checked adjustment of the little set-screw that is on the booster so that it is in direct contact with the master cylinder plunger thingie, no gap there
my bleeders are facing up so my calipers aren't upside-down or anything like that.

Any ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated, this is putting a major drag on my build. Not sure if i need a different proportioning valve or something, obviously the truck had drum brakes in the rear factory, but I swapped in the f-250 master cylinder to help out that issue. It had very poor brakes with the current setup before I swapped the master cylinder out as well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals