• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cross member bent?

Jonsmith

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
OK guys I got a 2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4. Bent what I believe to be the main front cross member. It's the one that both radius arms bolt into and it spans across the frame from left tire to right and is welded to the frame. Am I correct in assuming this is a cross member or is this something else? I need to get it fixed or fix it because it has my tires bent and makes them wear. I was thinking about just hauling it all out and SAS'ing it but I think going that I would be looking at too much money.

CanuckRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If its the bar I'm thinking of, its actually only serviced with the frame assembly itself. but the frame on those trucks is the same from 2003-2011, so you could probably find one at the junkyard or something. Also, glad to see a fellow New Brunswicker on here. If you ever need any parts help, here's my info.

Robert Alexander
Parts Manager
Downey Ford Lincoln
Sussex, NB
506 433 9000
Direct Line: 506 433 6158

Jonsmith

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Yah that's what I was told that it came with the whole frame but I was wondering If I could just get the part and cut out the old one and weld in the new one. I'd probably be looking at a lot of money to swap out the frame.

CanuckRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I dont see why not, as long as you can find one that is good and solid so you dont sacrifice any frame strength.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals