• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1946 ford 2N tractor

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
...and way off topic, but just had to share. bought a aliis chalmers "C" with a 72" belly mower, takes 2 hours to mow out at the farm with a 212 jd. not sure this will cut the time in half, but it should help. i dont even know the year of it yet, think its somewhere in the 1940's. might be next winters "clean up" project. eager to try it out. when i went to look at it it fired right up and 30 min after it was shut off i tried the hand crank for the heck of it, and has good compression and started up with ease that way. sure its a little rough, but i see potential here, and wasnt too bad a price, defintly alot less than the zero-turns that have become so popular lately.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
this is a family picture, 4 generations. my dad driving with his great-grandson, me and my daughter on the back, took last august at a tractor show locally.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Little discs are nuts. There was a mounted snap coupler 6' disc with a broken blade on a consignment sale last winter. I had a guy there to go to $150, with the goofy hitch I figured it was as good as mine. Stupid thing started at $150 and charged just south of $600 with nobody flinching, my guy didn't even get a bid on it.

C's were made from 1940 to 1950. Yours has a wartime B air stack, they were taller than normal because they had steel wheels (they had special fenders too). I don't think they did that in C's. Yours also has been upgraded to a distributor which is a hood thing. S/N is by the gear shifter.

I have a '47 C, it is a fun little tractor.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
The guy i got the allis from said it had a magneto at one time, thought it was about a 1946. I knew where the s/n was at but forgot to look at it and write it down. The tractor gets delivered tomorrow, its about 2 hours away, too far to drive it home and in the ad delivery was offered for a extra 100 bucks, figured was a good idea since my tow vehicle is a 2.3 ranger that doesnt weigh much more than a allis C. I spent a good 2 hours talking equipment with him before saying id take the tractor, he offered to deliver it for no additional charge. I really wanted a CA model, but theyre difficult to find and almost a grand more than a B or C model, i can live with it being a 3 speed, 4rth gear would just be a "road gear" anyway. I think i have a old trailer-type 5' brush hog style mower behind the barn, might have to dig it out and see if its useable, hope it works as ive already got a overrunning clutch for the pto. I think it will be a excellent addition to the farm, way back in the day my grandparents had 3 tractors on the farm. The 2N, a jd A, and a allis of some sort, wd or wd 45. So now there will be 3 of the same again. Dad doesnt know about the "new" allis yet, going to let it be a surprize. ?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The three speed isn't too bad, road gear around 8mph won't make many friends on a tractor ride but it gives you time to enjoy driving it without being bucked off. It isn't much of a field gear though.

It has the smaller pto like your Ford's so that will be nice for swapping impliments/clutches.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Got it today and looked up the serial number, its a 1943. Mowed a little, did one area in 10 min that normally takes a half hour with the 212.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Changed all the fluids today in the allis, painted the rims too. Like the updated "cream" color better than the all-orange look. May do a stripe on the hood like the "newer" a/c's .

Stockton

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
going to try a couple of videos, not sure if they will work, got one driving, one with the buzz saw going.

You should upload the videos to youtube, Racsan. Cool stuff by the way. Any new updates?

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
i do have a youtube account, not much new, pretty cold right now. have a 3 point disc for the 2N and have been using the allis with my truck bed trailer to get firewood, not as warm as using the pickup but the allis pulls the trailer well and ive got less chance of getting stuck, then if i did get stuck id have to walk to the house for the allis anyhow.
2N with disc:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154582078@N03/24551431297/

allis with trailer:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154582078@N03/39341170011/

link to my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUxcQ0SKxquegOYxWYKcCTg?view_as=subscriber

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals